Forums > Help! > wrapped devil sticks

Login/Join to Participate

Kyle03SILVER Member
The super duper uber looper
119 posts

Posted:
if wrapped devil stix hav fire burning on them, wat makes them not slip of the control stix. normal devil stix hav rubber in the middle bt this cnt b the case with the wrapped stix as the rubber would melt. anyone knw the answer?

Don't make someone your priority if they only make you an option.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
the hand sticks?

i think what you're talking bout is flower sticks as oppose to actual devilsticks, flowersticks usually have a rubber kinda grip wrapped round them devilsticks dont

flowerstick

Non-Https Image Link

devilstick

Non-Https Image Link

it is the silicon on the handsticks that provides the grip as oppose to the covering on the devilstick

you can however get a fire flowerstick is you prefer that

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I have a set of fire devilsticks (They arent quite flowersticks or devilsticks, not tapered at all so probably more of a flowerstick) and they really don't have much grip at all.

Both my mate and I barely use ours anymore, personally i find it frustrating compared to my normal sets. More practice would fix that.

I did get some rubber strips from a place nearby a while ago which i wound around the devilsticks which finished about 5cm from the wicks (guessing) and they never fell off, melted etc... and did seem to provide more grip. I found one of the biggest problems was the fuel running down the stick during fueling making it ultra slippery, once that gets on to your handsticks you lose nearly all grip.

Just my .02c though

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
you should spin off befoer you light up.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poje

you should spin off befoer you light up.

That still doesnt prevent run off running down the staff if you choose to fuel it in any sort of jar/bucket etc..

In fact it still leaves a fine mist on the metal as it isn't burnt off. Besides if done correctly a burn off can be one of the most crowd pleasing moves wink

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Mayby I am not understanding how you might spin off Basstones but if you fuel one end and swing off that end and alternate to the other end there should not be run off.

I have to fuel my staff that way since it doesn't break down and I never get fuel running down the shaft even if I only swing off a little bit to make for a good burn off. Then again everyone is different and has their own techniques/experiences.

Beyond the Continuum.

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: facelesshadow

Mayby I am not understanding how you might spin off Basstones but if you fuel one end and swing off that end and alternate to the other end there should not be run off.

I have to fuel my staff that way since it doesn't break down and I never get fuel running down the shaft even if I only swing off a little bit to make for a good burn off. Then again everyone is different and has their own techniques/experiences.

Sorry should have made myself more clear, if you fuel it vertically without spinning off each end seperately (as you described) you will have that problem.

I have actually started fueling using a water bottle over a fueling container so that the staff is horizontal while fueling. Avoids having to spin off at that point and can get at least a small burn off smile

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
Ok thanks for clarifying! ubbrollsmile beerchug

Beyond the Continuum.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
good way to practise fire devilsticks is to use normal devilsticks in the rain wink

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
im still holding out for those flower sticks josh showed me - the fire ones. which are amazing and i desperately want .... biggrin

if i could be a busy busy bee...

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i might have to get Hyperlight to make some devilsticks lol there hard to make LED ones of

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i saw the k9 devilstick at southern lights and was quite impressed, worth checking out i think

https://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/K8_Intel_Glow_Devilsticks.html

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
There is another really awsome Flower type devilstick that is a hollow Fiberglass tube stuffed with Fiber optic line and lit by two separate LED lights that were totally awsome that my friend sells. I tried to find a link to post but every time I go to the home page and click enter it takes me to a totally different site. Maybe you guys might have some luck with it, the manufacturer is called Zip Zap LLC and the link that is supposed to work for their website is:

https://www.zipzapllc.com/

Beyond the Continuum.