Forums > Social Discussion > Magie Alvarez Calleja aka Maddi, Maiuki

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately it turned out to be true

our sister Maddie fell victim in a car bombing in Yemen...

Maddi, we will always remember you, your smile and the warmth of your heart.

We all heart and miss you terribly...

Non-Https Image Link

Thanks Jonathon, for the beautiful pictures that you took you're an amazing photographer.

Thanks all for love and support, that goes out to Maddi's family, Ronan and all the other close friends. I guess there is nobody out there who knew her and not got struck by her cheerful personality.... ubbcrying

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1183814228)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying again I'm missing words hug

please keep us posted, I wanted to register maiuki.org today.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Ronan, hug
Love and support to you mate. I hope you can find some light in your days and some hope in your heart. You had such a deep connection with each other...
hug hug

Hope to see you soon in Berlin or the UK.

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
frown

Ronan... you are in my thoughts every day and I am sending you much love and warmth...

hopefully I'll see you soon... you know you can come stay with me whenever you need to... I'm having another wandering soul visit for a while, so you are very welcome too. Might be good for us all.

With love m'darlin

Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

nukexGOLD Member
20 posts

Posted:
I got to know Maddie a little at Feuerkunst, especially the last few days.
She really helped me a lot when I was so unhappy at show-day, and after that I had some really good talking with her.

I cannot say I know her well, but the little I know is soooo good. I did feel her big heart.

I feel very sorry for all the people that were close to her...

hannes aus Wien

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying
another victim of senseless violence.

hug
and godspeed.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I only just heard. I'm very disturbed and upset.ubbcrying

I will always remember Maddi for her joyousness.

My love and deepest sympathy's to Maddi's family and friends (especially you Ronan) hug

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GrayWolfSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
Just got the news from Clare and thought I'd pay my respects here as well.

I wish everyone lots of strength and comfort... take care and be as close to you and yours as you can be.

And rest in peace Maddi

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I have the necessary code will get in touch with Antti...

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
josh, anya, francois, me and more firespinner from berlin will dance fire for magie tonight, .......drink martini-lemon, a hot chocolate later.....will play our games and......send our thoughts and love to her and everyone who knew and loved her.....grouphug
(ronan & maiuki's family are in my thoughts and dreams every day, like magie herself)

hug
to all sad and mourning souls,
tina
xxx

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
I will be joining ye all for a fire spin tonight, its a beautiful idea.

Tomorrow me and my family are planting a cherry blossom tree in the garden for Maddi. Anyone who knew her and would like to join us is more than welcome.

Love to all
grouphug
Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
im just getting myself ready to go out for a spin tonight. my thoughts are with her family and friends.

hope your safe and at rest maddie

frown

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
I only just heard... And I wanted to come here and offer my deepest sympathy and respect to everyone who knew her. I regret that I'll never have a chance to meet her. frown

May you spin flames with angels, wherever you are.

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
i already ubblove the idea of maddi and a cherry blossom tree, thinking of you all out there, esp. ronan....

grouphug

tina

xxx

- Ho Sa -

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I found a few more pics of Maddi in Belleville 2006... https://flickr.com/photos/anttisuniala/sets/72157600710681300/

I asked Ronan for his and Maddis familys opinion about the domain name... I recommended maiuki.org or magiecalleja.org. Deepsoulsheep says he's got the skills to make the site. I could get the domainname and hosting for the site unless FireTom wants to do this.

Point your toes.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hmm,

Andrea gave me the idea - I would do it, no problem at all.
Glittertill contacted me and said, they also would do it.
First I would say, let's wait for the OK from Ronan - then we work out the details.

Sound good?

grouphug

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Sounds good.

Point your toes.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
OMG .. I'm so depressed ubbcrying bye ubbcrying ubbcrying
I only heard about it last week
My thoughts & heart are with her
We spend such a good time in Ireland, Belleville & UberParis
I'm gonna check what I have left of the unedited Ireland videoz, hope she's on it
RIP angel angel2 angelblue

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
aukay, it will take me a little while, but i am working on an digital collage of maddi with sound........please let me know whom to send it to as soon as you have decided who to contact!

thx a lot,
peace and love,

tina

- Ho Sa -

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
FireTom. Are you talking about building a site?
If so be my guest, I'm really busy at the moment. I can provide the code for the video upload and the photo gallery.

You can just just slot it in...
smile

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I started a photo group in Flickr to share the pictures with everybody. I will send invitations to the few that I know have a flickr account. But I hope that many people would join the group and send their pics of Magie. The group is free to join to everyone. Please pass on the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/maiuki/

Flickr is easy to use and I recommend it for sharing pics. Once you create your account you can upload your pics (of Mauiki) and then join the group. Then from "Organize your photos" you choose the pics you want to "Send to group". Or you can view your pics individually and there is a "send to group" button on top of the pic.

Point your toes.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I met Maddi briefly, she touched me with her personality and her light. When I received MK's message, tears burst from my eyes and I started this thread, basically to verify the news and in hope that they would be a hoax.

However, everytime I get busy with this, read the posts of other beautiful people who knew her - and many of you knew her much better than I did - everytime I think of her being gone for good, tears do come back, even though I am not usually wired this way.

Neither mourning, nor being engaged in such activities is common to me. It amazes my self, that I have such intense feelings attached to this - as I am usually not wired this way... This beautiful girl, who I had joked around with to be her tour guide in India or Thailand - last year when she was still uncertain which path to follow - who asked me for advice on India and Thailand, who I talked and listened to, watched few times only - she touched me in a wonderful way.

I can't and don't want to reason it.

But I do not want to take anything away, or appear as disrespectful to close friends and family of Maddi, therefore I sent a PM to Ronan and asked him whether there is anything that I can do to help. I don't care what this might be. If I am allowed to have a share in the activities to keep Maddi's rememberance alife - I will be more than happy.

But I will not register a domain, or build a website around it without the approval of Maddis' family. To me Ronan at least acts as an interface, therefore I will wait for his approval to move further.

Mourning (as I learnt) is a very sensitive engagement. Everybody finds her/his own ways to cope. Me, I am a stranger to her family. How could I make a move, without letting them know and without approaching them in all due respect for their feelings?

To build a website in her memory was Andrea's idea - a splendid one, I reckon and (as I said) I would do anything in order to help. A Flickr group is another beautiful idea, as is to tag videos on youTube in which she is seen with her name...

Please do note: To build a website for her memory was BansheeCats idea, not mine - I do not wish to take the credits for that! I just want to put this very clear, so nobodies feelings get hurt. It's a wonderful idea and I would do anything to help.

To build something significant like a website, engage in such activities I will wait for a sign from her family and (to me) this sign will be coming from Ronan.

God bless you all [sigh]

meditate

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Tom,
You don't take anything away or appear disrespectful in the least! confused2 in fact its quite the opposite.
I would love you to continue to help keep the memory of Maddi alive, something that i feel you are already doing.
I contacted Maddi's family about the website but haven't heard back about it, I'll let everyone know as soon as I do. Thanks you! hug

Nice one with the flickr account Antti hug, anyone else with photos of Maddi please feel free to post them.

The last few weeks have been so intense. Arriving back from Zarautz completely shattered, followed by a week of feeling completely numb and detecthed from the situation. I returned from a lovely visit up north with Clare and Andy, and ended up reading old emails from Maddi and looking at photos and burst into tears. Its been a crazy wave of emotions. Remembering her beautiful facial expressions, the things she used to say, so many things that we shared together, and realising that she won't walk around the corner again ubbcrying
In many ways it has opened my eyes. To realise this incredible suffering is but a drop in the ocean of suffering around the world. That every day around the world so many people are holding a lost loved one in their arms...
So many realisations about my own life and what I want to do with it.
There is so much to learn from this...

grouphug

love,
Ronan

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Love you Ronan... and hopefully see you very soon

hug2

Getting to the other side smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thanks Ronan, I am happy you say that and send you all heart and hug to survive. Maddi was and still is teaching... This is the way we continue exisence even after we are gone.

Thanks for the encouragement.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
I got a email from maddis sister, Noemi, and her mum Blanca, and they asked for me to pass on their thanks:

"My mum and me was reading and crying in the website or forum or i ´don´t know. You send us information and i would like to answer every people, thanks for her photos and thanks for their beautiful words, thanks for their condolances...
Your words and your friend´s feelings, help us to cry and to cure our heart."

They also said that they agree with creating a website - www.maiuki.org.
It would be great if we could get someone to translate the site into Basque and Castillano... I'll try to work on finding someone as soon as the site is up...

hug
Ronan

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hey ronan wave hug

thx for your words...sending lots of heart & hug

...now your words and passed on messages give me a shiver and a somehow mixed feeling, but in a good way ...i think...as far as i can think....

stay in touch...

hug

peace and love

xxx

- Ho Sa -

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying hug heart hug ubblove

so let's proceed...

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Wow just walked into a group hug...
hug
grouphug

Blanca has said she would love to help translate the site.
I would like to share a video a folks in Berlin made for her.

My friend Rob, who I have known for almost 10 years was just killed in a car crash. I'm sorry to bring more bad news frown

All this death is really making me think...

I should just hasten to mention that he is from the US, and not any of the many Robs on HoP. It is strange to again have to look at the information through a computer.

Blues.

A) it does feel as good

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hey kyle ....grouphug

...still welcome at mine anytime......hug

peace and love,
kisses,

tina

- Ho Sa -

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Thanks hug
I will try to stop in before I fly out.

Here is the Video. I can put a better version on the site when it's up, or elsewhere if someone has hosting for it shrug

A) it does feel as good

Page: