Forums > Social Discussion > Magie Alvarez Calleja aka Maddi, Maiuki

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...345
FireTom
Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:Unfortunately it turned out to be true

our sister Maddie fell victim in a car bombing in Yemen...

Maddi, we will always remember you, your smile and the warmth of your heart.

We all heart and miss you terribly...

Non-Https Image Link

Thanks Jonathon, for the beautiful pictures that you took you're an amazing photographer.

Thanks all for love and support, that goes out to Maddi's family, Ronan and all the other close friends. I guess there is nobody out there who knew her and not got struck by her cheerful personality.... ubbcrying

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1183814228)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete Topic

Glåss
Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation
Total posts: 2523
Posted:Hey hey, I was just trying the clear out my backlog of e-mails.... and i found this one from Maiuki from earlier this year:

> Hallo, hallo!!
>
> Thankx for taking the time to check this e-mail.
>
> Ive got a project that I need help for so I would send the basic idea of it and it would be lovely to get tips and advise from you, profesionals on this, to try to make it better and more effective. I wont write all the project, just the basic idea, as all the project is in spanish or basque.
>
> POI WORKSHOP
>
> The workshop is going to be held on a youth house runned by the townhall. All the other facilities of the building will be closed apart from the hall, where the workshop will run. Is going to be a 3 hour workshop, from 17.00 to 20.00 aproximately. The workshop will be free for the people, as Ill be paid by the townhall ( if they say yes to a project that they offered me to do,..).
>
> The people that will come would be between, 14-18, maybe some 12,13 year olds too. Is all for beginners, but some of them might have already had a poi workhop.
>
> They will be 3 different areas:
> The HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN TOY AREA:
> The PLAYING WITH THE TOY
> The WATCHING/INSPIRATION/RELAXING AREA
>
> It would be a little introduccion to poi, origins, worlwide use,..etc (2 min)
>
> HOW TO MAKE YOUR POI:
>
> They will be shown different kinds of poi
> -Chain poi ( with rubber head)
> -Rope Poi ( with rubber head or tennis balls)
> -Sock poi
> -Strechy sock poi
> -Flags / Pics of different designes of flags too.
> -Meteor
> -Staff?
> Different materials too, UVI, Glow,..
> Thge idea is to let them try diffferent kinds of poi and let them choose wich one fits better to themselves.
> They will be explanations/ materials/instruccions of how to make it/ tools. This will take around 30-40 min.
>
> PLAYING WITH THE TOY
>
> I will build myself 15 pairs of tennis balls with rope poi, and those ones are the ones that I will teach them with.
> -Warm up :specific for the kind of moves I will teach ( my sister is helping me with that. It will be short, but effective)
>
> The first thing we will do is to star playing with them in improvisation, letting them to do that for about 10 min. They will look to each other, laugh, familiarize with the toy, see its complexity, hit themselves and ask loads of questions.( How should I hold the poi, How can you make them to go straight,..etc
> -show them planes
> -Small circles, big circles
> -Direcction.
> -Timing
> -Turns ( same time, split time, forwards, backwards)
> -3btw
> -Butterfly.
> -Short poi, long poi.
> -Contack / hitting themselves/ kicking/ stalls.
> -Mixing moves, how to put them together learning how to break a move.
> -Movement of the body, posses.
>
> -I would like to make a dinamic of the group doing the same move, but each time with a different body posture. Over 3 times or so, with body movement and feet movement.
> -Another dinamic would be the inventive circle; each person or whoever that wants to show a move that likes,has invented or found out ;goes into the middle of the circle and shares it with the rest.
> -Floor dinamic. Changuing of planes and floor contack.
> -Partner games/moves,.. (if wanted)
>
> It would be a little demo of isolations, hyperllops, e-raps, flowers, hybrids, stalls,..etc to get to open their minds and imagination.
> ( questions, comentaries,..)
>
> WATCHING/ INSPIRATION/RELAXING AREA
>
> This area would have a TV, with a DVD player, and it would be on since the beggining of the workshop, with the COL vids, youtube vids, and different compilations of internet. This would be for them to see the difference in styles and opportunities. They would be vids from people playing poi at the kitchen of their home to props.
> This vids would be off just during the time of explanations of planes,small circle,big circle,direcction,timing. As I think everybody should attend that part of the workshop to be able to understand it.
>
> The workshop will be on all the time, that means, I will keep with the program and people will come in and out as they want ( as there is a smoking area, and loads of smokers for sure). The idea is to let them go with their readom, and to get to know the basic at the beggining, to be able to hop on and off as they like.
>
> They are supposed to be at least around 10 people, maximum of 60, so they would be different groups, neither of them bigger than 15, 20.
> Im suposed to be the only one giving the workshop, thinking seriously about bringuing someone to give me a hand, as the juggelers of my town wont do it because of political reasons(nonsense).
>
> Well, thats it, Iknow, Iknow is long but please, give me hand with ideas, maybe order of the moves,..anything that can help me,... I know is an ambitious porogram, but Im not expecting to do it all, The main objective of the workshop is to introduce the people into the wonderfull and infinite world of the poi, seeing it, feeling it.
>
> It would also be a corner of toys whre they would be clubs, balls, rings, staff, hulahoop, contack ball,..for people to play.
> The hall will close at 22.00 so the people can keep playing, or making their toy, as the material that is leftover will be stored in the hall, where it would be for public use,..
>
> Peace and Love
>
> Maiuki, the teddy bear

I was so sorry that I never got round to replying.
frown...Drew

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Posted:hug to Ronan, Ma'tina and Drew

It still drives me to tears...

Celso: It's a very nice offer and I will contact you, as soon as someone has built a website and provided some content in the first place...

*whispers: anyone willing to invest some time to set up the website? As I said all the way: Apart from not knowing how it works, I am having more projects than I can handle myself at the moment... please? I heard using templates makes things a lot easier and faster...*

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Total posts: 1034
Posted: Written by: FireTom

*whispers: anyone willing to invest some time to set up the website? [...] I heard using templates makes things a lot easier and faster...*

all the German speakers might want to check out this website
even I managed to build my own website with the templates and instructions given there ... so it has to be at the "for dummies"-level

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

ma'tina
ma'tina

multiplex
Total posts: 611
Posted: Written by: FireTom

hug to Ronan, Ma'tina and Drew

It still drives me to tears...

thx for the hug firetom...me too...and i think ronan wanted to take care of building up a website....i just cant get in touch with him at the moment!

btw: has anyone got the adress of magies family in spain, basque country, zarautz???? or ronans in ireland??? .....i made a shortfilm of magie with some nice memories.....and i urgently would love to send it to ireland and spain as well!!!

cheers in advance,

peace and love,

tina

kisses to magie and everyone else who has known and loved her.....or who still does as i do!

grouphug

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Posted:Still in ubblove with her, re- hug

you may try to contact _Clare_ she might know more about Ronans' whereabouts...

Thanks for the link, Kath smile hug

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:Ronan's in Berlin... as far as I know smile

The website is a lovely idea, and will happen in time, no doubt...

But keeping her alive in your memory is just as important hug

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

ma'tina
ma'tina

multiplex
Posted:@aurinko: thx for the link sista,....hope you are well and see you on friday hug

kisses to you........

@firetom: me tooooooooo, she is/was my best friend/sista.......and is always on my mind.....hug back again wink

@clare: thx for the info....andy-honey contacted me already....found everyone and everything i need for the moment, cheers....btw: magie is not only in my memory...she is even in my dreams.....!!! sometimes wonderful, sometimes quite confusing!

@drew: and this was one of the mails she wrote to me after she has been at my place before i got lost in my final exams, after which we wanted to meet up again, but i finished university on 29th june......the rest you know:

07/02/07 02:32 PM

Hi lovely!!

Wanted to thank you for a beautiful time over germany, your hospitality and kindness were awesome, you really made me feel great and welcomed.

So THANKX!!! Hope to see you soon around here or there,. .

Take it easy and try to dont stress much (even if I know is difficult).

Look afetr yourself, and dont forguet how beautiful person you are!!

hugs and kisses

Peace and Love

maiuki, the teddy bear

....and i miss her soooooo terribly... ubbcrying hug ubbcrying...see you later, guapa!

EDITED_BY: ma'tina (1194016496)

- Ho Sa -

Delete

BansheeCat
veteran
Total posts: 1247
Posted:damn I miss her today. Sometimes I just can not beleive she is dead. I need support, and she had this way of being there for me, without me even asking. she would just offer what was needed. It was so reassuring, to know she was out there doing her thing, and her thing was such a good thing.
i am sorry for not making sense. Just really tired and missing a dear friend who brought me a lot of joy and hope.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Hey all,

I heard this song again today and had to think of this thread. Here goes:

Guillemots - Trains to Brazil

It's 1 o'clock on a Friday morning
I'm trying to keep my back from wall,
The prophets and their pawns have had another success
I'm wondering why we bother at all

And I think of you on cold winter mornings
Darling they remind me of when we were at school
Nothing really mattered when you called out my name
In fact Nothing really mattered at all

And I think about how long it will take them to blow us away
But I won't get me down
I'm just thankful to facing the day
Cos days don't get you far when you're gone

It's 5 o' clock on a Friday morning
One hundred telephones sit and ring
One of thems from someone who knew you...

And I still think of you on cold winter mornings
Darling they'll still remind me of when we were at school
When they could never have persuaded me that lives like yours were in the hands of these erroneous fools

And to those of you who moan your lives through one day to the next
Well, let them take you to next
Can't you live and be thankful you're here?
see it could be you tomorrow, next year

(here's a bit of song analysis - apparently the title got changed to "trains to brazil" when de Menezes was shot in London http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858564117)

It's got a very weird video clip, too, I'm sure you'll find it on youtube... basically the band are playing to a bunch of very bored-looking schoolkids who don't understand a thing of what they're saying about how you should be thankful for your life as long as it lasts. A strange mix of sad and hopeful things.

Big hugs to all of you xx

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

ma'tina
ma'tina

multiplex
Posted:@andrea: hug hug hug me too, i miss her so much, she even was there for me/one when on a different continent....and at the moment i am surrounded by strange people too often, people who stress and mob around all the time......then i miss her even more.....and btw andrea, you make sense, at least to me....hug

kiss

peace and love and mucho hugs to you honey......,
tina
xxx

- Ho Sa -

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Posted:(okay let's keep it nice)

I would donate the domain www.maiuki.org to anyone who sends me a PM and is actually interested to put content on it.

meditate

[/edit]

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Posted:in rememberance of Maddie, sorry that I con't make the time to design an adequate website for you, sweetheart...

You're not forgotten.

That last post of mine has been one year ago and as I didn't receive any response, today I cancelled ownership of www.maiuki.org

The domain is still paid for till end of this year.

Love you angel

hug

Delete

Ronopotamus
Ronopotamus

addict
Total posts: 412
Posted:Greetings to all from Maddis home in Zarautz. Its now just a couple of days past the 2 year anniversary of her death. Spent the day with her family, returning to where we spread her ashes in the sea and chucking some flowers and her favorite jelly snakes in to join her.
Its been so intense to return here, stay once again in her room, see her clothes and things, her poi hanging on the wall, see her family and friends. Its still so sad and so difficult to realise shes gone.

The collage of photos is amazing! Nice one Tina and all that were involved in that - Maddis family love it, and they send their thanks and love to all of ye, and to all that have posted on this forum.

Hey Tom, nice one on the website, afraid I never got off my arse and got into it. MAybe another time.

So Im on my way to EJC in Vitorria Gasteis, something Maddi was so excited about whn she heard of it hapening here in BAsque country a few years ago.

love to all

grouphug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Posted:Ronan - hug must be hard to go over this again and face the fact.

Would you please inform her family that such a domain exists?

I feel it's not up to us to create this space (which is why it didn't happen so far) but only to contribute content and comment.

lots of love

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:Hi Ronan smile

Hope you enjoyed EJC... and that returning to Maddi's family was comforting too... it's nice to feel close again to what was lost, eh?

Thinking bout you mister
x

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Page: 1...345