Forums > Social Chat > All you Glowstick usesers!! I conducted an experiment...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I use glowsticks allmost exclusively. I know anyoneelse that uses them likes to practice with them glowing. Its just isnt the same if they are not broken.But they are not cheap. I purchase mine a t Walmart in the camping section. They are the Coleman camping light sticks. Very durable, and can last up to 14 hrs. they come in good colors..Green bieng the best, then orange, yellow, then red. Red i hardly recommend at all. They do not glow very long, or bright at all.They are a little pricey. $2.75-$3.42 for a two pack. I now that everyone that uses Glowsticks has heard that if you put them in the freezer after you break them they will last longer. How many of us have really done this? I know i have tried it twice.Last week though,i broke a set of green GS's.I practiced for approximately 30-45 minutes. I immediately after i was done, put them in the freezer in the back where it is coldest. The next night, i pulled them out. After about 5 minutes they were completely thawed, and glowing just as bright as they were the previous night. I again enjoyed about an hour of lighted practice, and repeated the process. I practiced for an average of 45 mionutes each night for 6 days straight. On the 5th night was the first night i had noticed they GS's beginning to fade. Then i proceeded to use them two more nights, at about 60% light. Anything less than that is almost annoying.But i did make a pack last almost a solid week at 80- 90% light, before tossing them, and still practiced about an hour a night.Ihope this will help some of you peeps that throw strings and sticks to get more outta your money, and enjoy practicing with lit sticks, untill this electric stick issue is resolved..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Page: