Forums > Social Chat > Ideas for a unique Date?

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where you could go or what you could do if you wanted to take someone out on date that they would never forget.

Something out of the ordinary, slightly quirky, even bordering on weird.

Done the whole, dinner, drinks and movie thing...now I want to take this person out on a day/night that they won't forget (for the right reasons!)

Any ideas??

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hire or borrow a double sea kayak, pick a nice day, pack a nice lunch (and a chilled bottle of rose') and head to Penguin Island. You can check out the seals, chill out with the pelicans and terns and you get to lunch with the King (King Skink that is - we don't ever feed 'em but they just appear as if by magic if you have smoked salmon pizza - had to chase one out of the lunch bag last time we were there). 'Tis an easy paddle and if the Freo' Dr makes it a bit rough in the avo' you can just follow the sand bar back.

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
ohhh that sounds good....

I will have to keep that one on the books....

I am having this one at night though....(he has to work during the day and the date is Friday night!)

But thanks for a cool idea for a further date...

smile

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Well, what do you spin with? I spin rope dart and found a good date is inventing a trick that involves the non spinner having your firetoy spun around them. For example what I did was have her stand right in front of me while I wrapped the dart around both of us. It can be quite romantic if you get it right, got the kiss out of that one.

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Fire fans + slinky dancing = unforgettable smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
skydiving. Or something that makes at least one of you end up in hospital. I've had one of those hospital-dates (with me being the injured one) and probably neither of us will ever forget that.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
My old roomies used to pack a picnic lunch and head for Amicalola Falls every now and again, so you can never go wrong with a date that takes you and your honey to a pristine, remote location..... unless, of course, it rains.

I think my personal favorite weird date was the "Stupid Tourist" date, as we called it. My then boyfriend decided to take me to all the stupid tourist things that are right nearby you but you never see, and all in one date. Being that we lived in NJ in commuterville, this meant we hit the city for the World Trade Center, Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, carriage rides in the Park under a warm blanket, and ice skating the South Pond.

Although, really, the best bets for a unique and unforgettable date is just doing something tailored to you and yours. Like, one of my exes and I have an absolutely smashing time going to a scrap yard one day and searching for random, weird stuff, but, hey, that was our kind of humor and fun.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
get dressed up really nice and head to your local high end car dealership (ie Ferrari, Lotus, Lambo) and take a car out for a test drive. Drive your new car down to a art walk kinda thing and look/discuss some art, then take your date to a big lake with a foutain(or a nice foutain if no lake is available) and chat there for a bit then take your ride back and have fun the rest of the night wink

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
this is a bit out there but you asked for something unique... most cities have an underground stormdrain network. you could spend a night exploring them.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
but don't mistake the entry with the sewers and check the weather report... wink Hang on "Something out of the ordinary, slightly quirky, even bordering on weird."...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Give her a pineapple on your first date, and hope for the best.

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PsyRush

most cities have an underground stormdrain network. you could spend a night exploring them.

bounce I also want a stormdrain network. Where do I find that? Do only cities in Oz have one, or is it common in cities around the world?

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
A bottle of wine at the beach as the sunset goes down.

You could have a little box and write questions down, fold them up and take it in turns to pick one out and answer smile

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Aimees idea is cool! Any cool ideas for a not first date scenario? Think one of the coolest things I've done was a day walking, nowhere in paticular just a packed lunch, a few beers and a lot of walking, stop every now an then for a sit down an a chat. If your time it right to be sat somewhere cool for sunset then you're onto a winner.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
quaser laser!! running round a dark room shooting lasers at each other! or what about white water rafting?

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Funny how things turn out..
I'm going on a double date in Hyde Park in London in a couple of weeks with my friend and 2 blokes we've taken a fancy too from a dating website.

I only joined up for a laugh but I seem to have gotten myself in some trouble now! ubblol

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I got taken to a park, was made to close my eyes and hold out my hands [I was sweating by this point, it was around a month in and I was thinking "OMG, what is he doing?]... and was swamped by birds. (I didn't know it was a bird park, he had put bird seed in my hands)

Then a picnic, made by him, (Prawn cocktails, champagne) then back to his for a full body massage and fun.

Aint never forgetting this one! It gave me SOOO many boasting rights.

No wonder this is my longest relationship yet! :P

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
For a minute there Medusa my hopes were up......I thought you might be taking me on a date!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a great date natasqi.

Gnor.....I would take you out on a date any time darl....you name the time and date I will be there!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
A KILO OF CHOCOLATE AND A RESEALABLE BAG.

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Ewwww...(what's the resealable bag for??

I'm not a chocolate fan so I think I will have to pass on that suggestion but I am seriously curious about what you want me to do with 1kg of chocolate and a resealable bag?

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
Go whitewater rafting or rock climbing together for a half day. After that go on a little picnic together. You likely won't run out of conversation after doing such cool stuff. If you choose to go on one of these more 'adventurous' dates that people have suggested, definitely find out if your date has a fear of heights or water or something.

McApline is 100% right with that suggestion. Bring your date a pineapple. Once when a boy really liked me, I wasn't sure if I liked him. He brought me a pineapple one day and I fell in love instantly. It was a great relationship for quite a while!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
So I don't get it why a pineapple?

*ish confuzzled*

The guy I want to take has no damn fear it is more my fear stopping us doing things...he wants to take me sky diving (hence why I am looking to find some other unique dates!)