• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2008 13-14-15th June!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...101112
mattbassman
SILVER Member since Oct 2003

mattbassman

Southern Lights Whore

Total posts: 51
Posted:Hi there, we have confirmed the same site for next year. 13-14-15th June. Announcments and discussion can be found HERE!!!

See you there

xxx

As a PS...

If you joined our forum a while ago, we suffered a catastrophic forum failure frown So please rejoin.

Many thanks and see you at SL 2008

Matt

EDITED_BY: mattbassman (1207242157)

Delete Topic

Sparklygreenfire

Sparklygreenfire

*Green Spirit*

Total posts: 201
Posted:We Had a great time, thanx FLAME!! Only regrets I have is leaving the lil one at home and double booking my Sat which meant we missed all the great workshops...oh well, def shall not be doing that next year!! Lovely to see everyone again and gate duty was fun...even if we did have some weirdo's gatecrashing the walkie talkie. FlameOz, thanx...you guys rocked! And to the streaker...thanx for the laugh!!

hug

Oh...just a thought, but next year, any chance we could have a chai tent that actually sells chai? ubblol wink hug

EDITED_BY: Sparklygreenfire (1213699785)

Are you a robot...or an alien?

Delete

Mr_Chutney
SILVER Member since Apr 2003

Mr_Chutney

Tosser

Total posts: 1711
Posted:Saturday is up there as one of my best days ever at any festival; it was exceptionally good smile

Highlights included:

Excellent Frisbee Sessions (mostly in pitch dark with glow discs)
The Hang Drum sessions ubblove ubblove ubblove
Meeting up with Matt again after all these years
Kazoo Bohemian Rhapsody
The chanting workshop
Not having any massive hangovers (a festival first)
Seeing and playing with so many friends and feeling very happy indeed

Special thanks to Gayle, Neil and Carl who made it their task to get me there despite the fact I was a fool who'd spent most of his money- thankyou all, I would have missed so much. grouphug

Thanks to all involved with F.L.A.M.E.- you've done yourself proud by putting on a great festival; it more than lived up to the stories of the previous year and I shall be there in 2009 biggrin

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:I wants a Kazoo. And I also recognise your signature now, I've just finished that book last night biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

pineapple pete
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

pineapple pete

water based

Total posts: 5125
Posted:thanks for a fantastic weekend kids! had a great time and it was sooo nice to finally meet so many of you for the first time!

see you all soon enough

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

sichainey
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted:Hey everyone..... well my feet have finally touched the floor! WOW that was hard work ..... but worth it.

Anyway we got in a proffessional photographer (for free) so here is a link to his site if you would like to support him by purchasing any photo's

http://www.ignitephotos.co.uk/previews/festivals/southernlights2008.html

Delete

screech

screech

circling on the edge of madness

Total posts: 889
Posted:again well done to the FLAME boys it was awesome better than last year by a country mile. keep up the great work boys.

the only downside to the whole event was that i didn't get my kit unpacked early enough so i got burnt before i found my suntan lotion and had to avoid the sun most of the rest of the weekend.

DOH spank

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Delete

hamamelis
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

hamamelis

nut.

Total posts: 756
Posted:Yep! Thanks smile

Had a great time too- would have been better if I wasn't falling to bits, but you can't control my weird allergies wink

Nice to put some faces to names too, even if I have immediately forgotten them all.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Delete

misscorinthian
SILVER Member since Sep 2005

misscorinthian

old hand

Total posts: 784
Posted:I think I've just about recovered now ubblol

I had a blast- thankyou so much to F.L.A.M.E, and eveyone I spent time with for making my first solo festival (and my only festival this year frown ) so fantastic hug

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:By the way, did you find your missing clothes item? It wasn't in my bag...

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

misscorinthian

misscorinthian

old hand

Posted:Haha, no. Shame though- I really liked that bra...

XLenX

Delete

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:hmmm seems a lot of clothes went missing, so far Trouosers, bra, coat and in Kia's case everything just before Flame Oz ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Len - I have your bra, but you can't have it back.
Lynne says I look uber sexy in it biggrin

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:I <b>knew</b> it was you, UCOF! But you were so convincing saying you were just looking for your radio-controlled submarine when I saw you sneaking about the tent that I believed you. tongue

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

misscorinthian

misscorinthian

old hand

Posted:Aw I really wish you weren't lying Jonny, I would gladly come and get it...

I was already getting flashbacks of that wierd thing you did with your shorts- now my bra has been added to the mental image. I'm sure that's not healthy...

XLenX

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:Hi Everyone just a quickie, did anyone find 2 acryllics? 1 clear and 1 black? Buster from Yeovill Juggling club lost them saturday / sunday. Any help appreciated.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:We lost a few of our workshop hoops. If you picked them up to give them a good home, just remember they need to be wiggled regularly or the turn feral and bite. If you find they are becoming too much of a handful for you, we will happily take them back and re-domesticate them with no questions asked.

A mini orange hoop went for a walk as did a small pink/black fabric taped hoop, I also think we have lost a harlequin medium hoop in dark green/black/red/uv pink/uv green fabric tape. All were quite well used hoops and not in perfect condition, but if all our workshop hoops go walkabout it cuts down how much spreading of the love of the wiggle we can do.

EDITED_BY: Skulduggery (1214129704)

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted:frown

not good, walking off with workshop equipment.

frown

Gayle.....!

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:I'll keep an eye out, they may have got mixed up and placed back with someone elses.
(Our workshop equipment has taken a beating this year with loads breaking or going missing frown )

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:It's not the end of the world if they don't show up. Its just a bit of a pain in the bum. If they are out there giving someone joy I guess they fulfilled their purpose.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:wow sounds like you guys had an awsome time!

it was fun while it lasted, shame i was only there for a day but it was awsome seeing you all again biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

hamamelis
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

hamamelis

nut.

Total posts: 756
Posted:Umm.. I don't *think* I lost it there, but... has anyone seen a driving license with the name Hazel on it..?

I took it out my bag as I was leaving, was sure I left it in my room, now I can't find it, despite turning the house upside down and shaking it for 2 days, and I'm wondering if I did manage to bring and lose it.. eek

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Delete

sichainey
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted: Written by :hamamelis

Umm.. I don't *think* I lost it there, but... has anyone seen a driving license with the name Hazel on it..?

Hi There Hazel, we havent had anything handed in so im guessing you may still have it somewhere...all is not lost

Delete

sureau

sureau

enthusiast

Total posts: 224
Posted:Thanks all for oodles of fun!! I've never seen such an abundance of hoops! Loved the hammocks in the fairy area, watched dawn twinkle in from one of those. Big hugs and love to all the good people I knew already, those I met out in and haven't seen since Oz, and all the beautiful new people I met. See you back there next year.

Respect to the organizers for all their investments (on so many levels).

ps Hazel, check your tent. I've packed up my tent before and left stuff inside.

"Be the Bunny"

Delete

Page: 1...101112