Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2008 13-14-15th June!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
Hi there, we have confirmed the same site for next year. 13-14-15th June. Announcments and discussion can be found HERE!!!

See you there

xxx

As a PS...

If you joined our forum a while ago, we suffered a catastrophic forum failure frown So please rejoin.

Many thanks and see you at SL 2008

Matt

EDITED_BY: mattbassman (1207242157)

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
 Written by :toobie

Simta suggested that i should go to this, but a) havn't got tickets and b) havn't got transport.

Anyone got room for a wee one, trying to get there from the leeds/bradford area?

There are people coming from your way... do you go to a juggling club there? you would find a lift that way. We do have a forum on our website.... how ever its very new as we killed the last one. You can advetrise car share on that aswell.

Oh lastly the festival is held just outside Poole in Dorset... thats right in the sun near the sea...(2 min walk to the back of the worlds second biggest natural harbour... STUNNING!!!!!)

https://www.flamefireshows.com/southernlights2008.html

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
 Written by :sichainey

Oh lastly the festival is held just outside Poole in Dorset... thats right in the sun near the sea...(2 min walk to the back of the worlds second biggest natural harbour... STUNNING!!!!!)

Technically I jst lied as obviuosly its not held right in the sun! just thought I would point that out before everyone else did... what i ment was its nice and sunny down this way biggrin weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: sichainey (1208189196)

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Birgit

I think I'm going... someone convinced me last night that it might be a good idea after all.

biggrin

I can feel a tent plan brewing girlie.....

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
addition to the line up is our good friend Sam Kasrani absolutely fantastic magician. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I love magic biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Are tickets still available. I understand you got your limits but I'm unlikely to be able to pay for it until I turn up, what are the honest liklihood of being able to get a ticket on the gate?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
we're not currently sure as it's still pretty new ground for us, but from what I've seen we've so far sold about 3 times as many tickets as this time last year and we only just started visiting the juggling clubs in our area. I'll ask simon as he has a better grasp of the numbers coming. hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
oh just a quickie, all those lovelly people who have asked/agreed to help at the festival if you haven't already E-mailed me make sure you do as I will be going over the list and hopefully send a confirmation E-mail in the next couple of weeks to make sure you're all still available.

If you need my E-mail it's either back in this thread somewhere or PM me wink

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
Another reminder about the StickTossofDeath competition.

this is loosely based on the game jolleystick https://www.devilstick.de/english/info/jolleystick.htm

but with our own rules
 Written by

StickTossofDeath Rules (please suggest anything you may of think ive missed,your comments are welcome n necessary to make a decent set of rules

1. Games will be played by two opposing teams, teams consist of 2 people. Each player will have one handstick each.

2. The winner of a game will be the team first to 14 points

3. Only serving team can 'win' a point, judges may over-rule this if necessary

4. Once the stick is received by a team, they may pass between team-members 3 times before it must be sent back to the opposition, judges may use their discretion in this matter

5. A 'body-tap' is acceptable in substitution of a handstick-tap, but only once per body part

i.e handstick-tap ----> hand-tap ---> leg-tap is acceptable

but handstick-tap ---> hand-tap ---> (same) hand-tap is not acceptable

this matter is left to the discretion of the judges

6. If a team executes a paticularly flair-laden and exceptional manouvere they may be awarded as many points as the judges see fit. Judges decision in this matter is final

to sign up your team, or to have input into the competition please come to https://www.flamefireshows.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12

biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Just bought me ticket... bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im still keen on volunteering..

however, im *heaps* keen on meeting soooo many people bounce

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oh it's easy to meet people while helping, possibly easier if youre even a bit shy because lots and lots of people who wouldn't normally will come up and talk to you biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
thats a great point.. then there's the whole covering you in glitter aspect.. which may turn a head or two smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
and it means you get to be there at the fest before everyone arrives, and stay after everyone else leaves tongue

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Tis all about the Thursday night wink

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by :pineapple pete

thats a great point.. then there's the whole covering you in glitter aspect.. which may turn a head or two smile

hug

You're not wrong! ubblol

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
*************UPDATE******************

Hey everyone,

Well its fast approaching now!! a little over 6 weeks left. Tickets are selling well and were hoping on a sell out this year.
We have updated the workshops and performers pages, some of these include:

Handstand Workshop
Feng Sui Workshop
Morning Yoga Workshops
Acro Balance workshop
And of course all! your usual suspect juggling workshops.

New to the Friday Cabaret we have KASRANI a truely unbelievable magician from Iraq

https://samuelkasrani.com/index.html

Ok so how much does all this cost I hear you ask? ONLY £32 for the entitre weekend (right on the coastline of Dorset)

Tickets are available here:

https://www.flamefireshows.com/ticketshop.html

See you all very soon cool

feebmember
72 posts

Posted:
just down the road!! see you there! x

pyromania pixie power!

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Hey guys biggrin hug
Apologies if you've already discussed this, but will there be a designated area for camper vans etc, cos I have two friends who have vans...both with kids so they want a quiet area really.

x

Are you a robot...or an alien?

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Sparklygreenfire

Hey guys biggrin hug

Apologies if you've already discussed this, but will there be a designated area for camper vans etc, cos I have two friends who have vans...both with kids so they want a quiet area really.

x

We have a seperate field this year dedicated to quiet camping and vans so your friends will be fine biggrin
EDITED_BY: sichainey (1209485567)

201 posts

Posted:
Fantastic....

Thankyou biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
make sure they get a van ticket wink so we know how much space to secure biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
quick update

Hit the books people wink
After a long weekend of working you bodies we're looking to organise a relaxed and enjoyable Pub quiz for the sunday evening to stretch your minds, so those who want to stay all the way to 10 am monday have a chance to win some prizes.

201 posts

Posted:
Sounds good! Lee, you forgot to phone ubblol wink I'll call you later, make sure you don't push the wrong betton this time!! lol

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wave im coming im coming! and its going to be my first ever long journey on my new bike biggrin

Can i come down early again and help out? while still buying a ticket tongue

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
For those who didnt come last year....and for those who did! here is a lovely little vid I found on youtube...... Thanks Jo hug

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey Sandy, Ive emailed your tickets over.... however there is a catch! you have to fire spin naked again!! biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
eek NO!!! Don't do it naked!

Gayle.....!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Gayle......!

eek NO!!! Don't do it naked!

+1

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm with Simon, we need a dark, scary, late night caberet act ubblol just to send people to bed.

Page: ......