Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2008 13-14-15th June!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
Hi there, we have confirmed the same site for next year. 13-14-15th June. Announcments and discussion can be found HERE!!!

See you there

xxx

As a PS...

If you joined our forum a while ago, we suffered a catastrophic forum failure frown So please rejoin.

Many thanks and see you at SL 2008

Matt

EDITED_BY: mattbassman (1207242157)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/poole_forecast_weather.html frown

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Fot those who went last year now that it was forecast rain all!!!!!! weekend... but was actually lovely plus we have 2 large tents so its all good!

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
I know where I'll be if it rains...Chai anyone?
smile

Are you a robot...or an alien?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Argh!! I just realised (when packing, obviously...) that I don't have a raincoat anymore since the one I was using last year was the ex's and I gave it back, nice person that I am... anyone got a spare poncho or biggish raincoat I could borrow? Otherwise I have to go hunting one tomorrow morning... ubbrollsmile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
You could always sport a fancy black bin bag poncho, very chic these days.

Or you could just come hang out in our new van smile

Yeaha!! Went down to newton abbot and picked us up a peachy long wheelbase ford transit. BOOM.

So we got wheels and we'll be drivin up late tomorrow.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Wheeeee! Will definitely come and hang out in the van, rain or no rain smile May have to resort to binbag-poncho...

Do you still do the spinning cigarette paper trick? I'd love to see that one again... bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
A Sphercular van eh?

Boo for rain.. guess I'll have to bring a brolly wink

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Birgit, I'll bring a spare waterproof, you can borrow a pink or a blue...

:o dave! smile

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
oooh thanks! Blue for me, please smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Matt! biggrin

I can talk to you about Ford Transits all weekend! biggrin
ubblove

See you all soon!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Yay for transits. I've wanted one for years and this is a real peach. Nothing in it yet but will build nice bed and suck like.

And yeah i still do a little paper spinning from time to time.

OOOo does that mean chutney is coming? smile

right, back to insurance frown

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I see Jon is posting as me again tongue

I won't be talking about transits other than to moan about ours falling a part!

We are coming,we will just be late because Cath has gone to pick up a hire van as our exhaust just fell off... grrrrr stupid van!

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Forecast looks good!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Hope you all had a lovely time smile hug Missed you lot!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
It was wicked. cool

My niece had a fantastic time, thanks to everyone who took time to teach her something or help keep her amused.

Gayle.....!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
That was an awesome time!! Lucky the weather held out till last minute!! Although i probably should have packed up the tent before it started raining!! Its out there drying now.

Commendations to all the festival organisers that helped make it a good weekend for all!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Robsterstranger
15 posts

Posted:
Great festival guys! Good choice of bands and DJs too, had me dancing like a twat most of the weekend!

The food was really tasty, and pretty cheap too. I especially love them because I got my dinner for free after I waited so long for the mash potato to be ready! Have to look out for them if they are at Glasto. Mmm bamby sausages....

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I was too late for wild boar frown, ah well the bugers were rather wholesome...:D see you all at play then...(if I can stop myself from hooping myself silly!)

Well done to all who made it happen, a swell time was had by many.

Many Thanks
Regards

Jem

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
What a fantastic weekend!

Well done to the FLAME team. biggrin

Couple of key words that sum up my weekend:
Volleyclub
Sunflower Seeds
Killer Ants
Uber club passing ubbrollsmile

hug to everyone who was there smile

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
It was good. Thanks, FLAME-people. Thanks, everyone else.
hug hug2 hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone who came / helped. You're all great hugJust got home... knackered...wash, sleep and more sleep winkThank you for helping to keep the site so clean, we had hardly any litter left afterwards A* for effort as it meant I've got home in daylight.

Any pictures or video please let me know, we got lots of stuff (none of which I've looked at but the more footage we find the more and better quality memorandum we can create.)

grouphug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Thanks for a fantastic festival guys, cool come to and meet some new people smile

Has there been any lost/found stuff collected, 'cause I've managed to lose my black/white sock poi with weighted handles and my black Dickies coat (it has a little patched cigarette burn in the back) and would be extremely grateful if anyone could tell me where they got to!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
there was a black coat found Joe, I'll check with si if it was a dickies one wink if so will try to get it to you at a guildford spin or sometime soon hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hey all!
Jon, Cath and I had a fabulous weekend. Huge thanks to the Flame Crew and every one else that worked to make it such a fun time. I look forward to it all happening again next year.

Thank you to all the people that came along and joined in with our hoop workshops. You made my day biggrin

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
We Had a great time, thanx FLAME!! Only regrets I have is leaving the lil one at home and double booking my Sat which meant we missed all the great workshops...oh well, def shall not be doing that next year!! Lovely to see everyone again and gate duty was fun...even if we did have some weirdo's gatecrashing the walkie talkie. FlameOz, thanx...you guys rocked! And to the streaker...thanx for the laugh!!

hug

Oh...just a thought, but next year, any chance we could have a chai tent that actually sells chai? ubblol wink hug
EDITED_BY: Sparklygreenfire (1213699785)

Are you a robot...or an alien?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Saturday is up there as one of my best days ever at any festival; it was exceptionally good smile

Highlights included:

Excellent Frisbee Sessions (mostly in pitch dark with glow discs)
The Hang Drum sessions ubblove ubblove ubblove
Meeting up with Matt again after all these years
Kazoo Bohemian Rhapsody
The chanting workshop
Not having any massive hangovers (a festival first)
Seeing and playing with so many friends and feeling very happy indeed

Special thanks to Gayle, Neil and Carl who made it their task to get me there despite the fact I was a fool who'd spent most of his money- thankyou all, I would have missed so much. grouphug

Thanks to all involved with F.L.A.M.E.- you've done yourself proud by putting on a great festival; it more than lived up to the stories of the previous year and I shall be there in 2009 biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I wants a Kazoo. And I also recognise your signature now, I've just finished that book last night biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
thanks for a fantastic weekend kids! had a great time and it was sooo nice to finally meet so many of you for the first time!

see you all soon enough

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone..... well my feet have finally touched the floor! WOW that was hard work ..... but worth it.

Anyway we got in a proffessional photographer (for free) so here is a link to his site if you would like to support him by purchasing any photo's

https://www.ignitephotos.co.uk/previews/festivals/southernlights2008.html

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
again well done to the FLAME boys it was awesome better than last year by a country mile. keep up the great work boys.

the only downside to the whole event was that i didn't get my kit unpacked early enough so i got burnt before i found my suntan lotion and had to avoid the sun most of the rest of the weekend.

DOH spank

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Page: ...