UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Anyone any good at PHP?

Im having problems setting "register_globals" to off, and cant figure how, where or why.

Its set to "0" in php.ini, but im still being told it is "on"

frown

Anyone?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
where about is your php.ini held, if its not at top level dir, you would need to have a php.ini file in each of teh dirs that are dishing out php

if you have a look in joomla at the system setting page (in one of the menus across the top, you will be able to see where you php.ini file is being run from, and i would suggest that as you are on a shared server, that its not accessible to you, but only to the admin of the server, and to te apatche host.

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Do you mean system -> system info?

The php.ini is in the top level directory, with and the logs folder. Makes no differnce as to wher it is, or if I edit .htaccess, it still says "register_globals" is set to "on". frown

Ive created a ticket with the hosts and I'll see if they can sort it out.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I've been looking at it it's a pig, it's ignoring the php.ini the host provided in the hosting directory root (have also tried site root to be sure). if that was a user loaded file I wouldn't be surprised, but they put it there.

tried disabling and re-enabling php to kickstart it, no joy, it might kick in with an IIS restart, but normally php would check it as the processor is called, so as you load a page.

and it's IIS without the htaccess compatibility mods, so they don't help. could add it to the global includes for joomla but it's not really a secure fix and he'd have to check it any time they patch joomla.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I got the Php.ini file from here
as stated in section 7 of this

confused

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oh, i thought it'd been provided, well it's been settup to ignore user ini's on the server anyway.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin