Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
"Hilton's stay there cost taxpayers $1,109.78 a day"
how can it possibly cost that much to keep prisoners .... like seriously eek

"released with electronic monitoring by Sheriff Lee Baca for an unspecified medical condition that he later said was psychological"
who would have thought that being a spoilt dumb rich kid was a medical condition.

"The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has launched an investigation into whether the multimillionaire received special treatment because of her wealth and fame."
ubblol

*sigh* ah justice how I love you so

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
GO HER!!!!!!! clap

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dr_Molly

There is some hope for the media yet smile

Written by: BBC website

"I hate it and I don't think it should be our lead," she said, before tearing up and trying to set fire to script.

Hilton has described her time in jail as "traumatic".

Though not for whoever wrote that article... that last sentence really doesn't belong in that section! Typical "and while we've got a good story we repeat what's been said about Paris Hilton 1000 times already to make sure noone misses it", only in this context it's even sillier than usual ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hrrm - excuse me, Ma'm - ever been to jail? umm

Any idea how it feels like, if almost all your rights are stripped from you and someone locks the door? I did have a little taste of that and I can tell you: It IS traumatic, no matter whether for a week, or a month, or a year (+).... Especially for a rich and spoilt kid like her.

Actually that is the part where I do believe her.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I don't think anyone is doubting that jail sucks, just that a socialite coming out of jail shouldn't be headline news. Especially, as the reporter said, with the current situation in Iraq.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Ummm, Ma'am here thinks you completely misunderstood her, Tom. Read the article - that bit about her being traumatised just doesn't fit in there at all. Horrible style of writing, looks like they've forgotten to copy-paste it to the end of the article where the rest of the Paris-stuff is. Which unfortunatly happens a lot with words and whole sentences in online articles frown Shame really.

Apart from that, let me add that I've had "a little taste of" the traumatic things that can happen if people drive drunk or otherwise irresponsibly, so I hope it was enough trauma for her to stop her from doing it again. That's what it was all about in the first place, isn't it?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
It sounded like you wouldn't believe that the term left an imprint on her... If that was not so - beg your pardon.

But doesn't it boil down to something else? Rich kid drinks and drive, gets caught, has drivers license suspended, continues to drive, gets caught and goes to jail...

Now she's out for 5 days and says that "her life has changed"... any which way, to me the message is exactly:
- don't drink and drive
- take responsibility for your actions and
- don't claim that your life has changed, if the rest of it has yet to come...

Yes, I do side you that it's no greater news than people getting killed in Iraq - as a matter of fact I believe the Iraqis would favour to listen to Paris Hilton stories rather than seeing their own people killing each other day by day by day...

Hence it still seems to be great news for people that drink and drive doesn't mix, because it still happens every single day and ppl die from it on our streets - right in front of our homes and it happens to our friends and relatives.

If I am looking at this fact, I would say that - if put in the right context - a celeb who is acting as a role model for thousands of ppl, getting in (and out) of jail for drunk driving should for an instant be the top story. Let's hope she proves her words by actions and was not just saying that because of her advertisement contracts.

The malicious joy that I have - because she's just a spoilt rich brat - blocks the view on what the message really is.

No?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It may have been a life changing experience and all that, but I really can't take her seriously after one of the answers she gave in her Larry King interview..

Written by:

KING: What don't you like about Paris Hilton? What's a personality trait Paris Hilton would change?

HILTON: Something I, you know, when I get nervous or shy, my voice gets really high. I've been doing that ever since I was a little girl. And that's something that I don't like that I do. I like when I talk in my normal voice. But sometimes I go down and that's something I'm trying to change about myself.

So, all the talk of learning to take responsibility and the first thing she thinks of is her voice? umm
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1183203421)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

- a celeb who is acting as a role model for thousands of ppl,

If she's such a role model (ach!! Heaven help us!!) then why aren't these thousands of people all wandering round in clothes which routinely (well, as routinely as there's ever photographers to capture it happening) fail to cover their breasts?
That is what she's "famous" for isn't it?
That such a complete non-entity should be newsworthy at all is a very sad indictment of our society.

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

STOP THE PRESSES...

Paris Hilton is famous because:

1) She worked hard to become a movie star

2) She cured cancer, AIDS, and heart disease

3) She is an artistic genius

4) She's a rich spoiled girl who wanted to be famous and so she had her daddy pay to start a reality show about her and pay for her to be invited to every red carpet event and all she really wants is to be famous for no good reason except that she's rich.

Correct answer: (4)

I thought she was famous for the sex tapes? that's how me and everyone i know found out about her anyway.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
PinkNigel, I've seen Jerry Springer for the first time in my life last week, and it was full of women whose bras were in view all the time and whenever they started trying to beat each other up (which seemed to be a requirement for the show, along with women wearing skimpy clothes, no matter if it suited them or not) the breasts kept falling out and they had to change the camera quickly. So. Sad as it is, she does seem to "inspire".

By the way, can anyone tell me, are the people on Jerry Springer real or actors?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
my guess would be either actors or incredibly stupid.
no one would think that show would solve his problems after that many years where every show is just a fight.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
The Urban Myth is that they were real until someone was killed after the show, so now they're actors. But that's eeeeeasily an urban myth...although scarily believeable, given that show! ubblol

and whoever said it, yeah, I think it was those sex tapes that made her famous.
But hey! "I spent a night in Paris" shirts broke up the monotony of Che Guevara ones wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Jenny Jones I think was the one with someone getting killed.

Some of them are real, but mostly it's people who just want to be on TV. A friend had his friends on there. They were told to be as crazy as they wanted. They have a show for behind the scenes on cable now. You can see what parts are real and what is manufactured

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pink Nigel

why aren't these thousands of people all wandering round in clothes which routinely... fail to cover their breasts?

There are hundreds of girls like this! Even thousands of them in Swansea.
You just dont notice them as you are a big gay man! nana

Trust me, they are there though! ubblol

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
tell them to go to Munich... I am missing them rolleyes

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
They're like 10 dude...

As a btw, watch the South Park episode about her. "Stupid spoiled wh***" to see what she's like in real life biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Page: