Forums > Social Chat > Nightwish - End of an Era

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
How crap is Nightwish now that they thre out Tarja and hired this new woman confused. I only really found a few months ago and I was really surprised to hear, I read the letter, maybe some of it was true, I suppose we wont know because we where never there, but it was a little cheap the way they did it. For those of you who dont know the other band members gave Tarja a letter after a concert and asked her to read it when they where'nt there, and all the way through it it explained how nightwish is all about the music and Tarja is a money grubbing diva, then they circulated the letter publicly. I have to admit though I did laugh at this part, because I doubt the other band members live in a 2 bedroom semi!

Anyway this new woman, who is suspiciously prettyer than Tarja, Tarja isnt the most buetiful woman in the world, but shes by no means ugly, shes a little masculine at times but shes 'real' though, if you know what I mean. This new woman, much prettyer, but of course her voice pales in comparrison to the Goddesss that is Tarja. So rally if you think about it they may as well just hired Jenniffer Ellison to be the new lead singer.

Its such madness, Tarja was what made Nightwish stand out I think. How many other rock/metal bands are out there, they can all play the guitar, drums, keyboards, bass, whatever. None of them have the ead singers voice. Thhe few songs where Tarja isnt the only singer on the track I do tend to think, erm ok so they have another voice, ojh thats cute. No real tallent in it though, if you listen to Devil & The Dark Ocean, some guys voice features and its basicly just talking. Theres not any melody in it, which means anone can come in with a deep enough voice and talk into the microphone.

Im not saying Nightwish was just Tarja, but its not Nightwish if its not ALL the band members combined. I dont think i'll buy any of the new albums.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Madness? This is SPARTA!!!!

I like Nightwish, especially the voice - I'm not a big enough fan to know the band members by name however, but it'll be a shame to hear a different type of sound from them.

Kupo!

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
ha ha I posted that on live journal about a year ago. It basically went along the lines of...
HOW COULD THE NIGHTWISH GUYS KICK TARJA OUT???
That girl made the band. She had the power of awesomeness in her voice. Yeah, ok maybe she was a bitch, and yah, maybe I can't spell her name right...
BUT SHE HAD THE VOICE!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
indeed she did, it was her voice that borught their music to life.
they're music has great feel, soul and grunt, but it was tarjas voice that gave it animation!

Adya: wow.. i think hena can go moldy!

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
The new album is very different, and the band have changed, but I'm content with the new line up and the new vocalist. They're more like Sirenia now though...

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Meh, I always thought Tarja was overrated. It was always the music behind it and the sense of progression that got me hooked (especially on "Once"). That said, Tarja did add to that, and she will be missed.

I haven't heard their new stuff, but I'd be very interested, especially if they keep the sound and progginess of Once intact.

By the way, on the subject of bands changing their sound, any one else listen to Sonata Arctica? I heard their new record "Unia" a few days ago, can't decide if it's good or rubbish. Might grow on me, so I'll give it a bit more attention, but in general I can't shake the feeling they've got too clever for their own good...

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Drudwyn

The new album is very different, and the band have changed, but I'm content with the new line up and the new vocalist...

*Rolls up a newspaper in readyness*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?