ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Ive got a presentation to finish about my final year dissertation and im really stressed about it. I can't seem to get my head round it. I have my question sorted, but because im so worried about reading my presentation out tomorrow, i cant seem to finish writing it!.
Anyone got any advice on anything that would help. Thanx.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

fusionmember
4 posts

Posted:
my staff releases my stress, but then i never get my homework done so I'm not really a good example.
I just think "stress less" should work, whats the worst that could happen?

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Astro faerie, I truly sympathise with you, i know how it is. I would suggest taking half an hour off & forgetting about the project for a while. I know its hard, but it works for me. Take a very warm if not as hot-as-you-can-go shower (not bath- too relaxing) and drink a big cup of green tea/hot chocolate- put on your baggiest/softest/warmest and loosest clothes and relax for a bit. Think of happy things in the past (dont start daydreaming about the future- its dangerous!) and then...

think about the general layout of your project, what you have done and what you have left to do, and how you are going to do it. Then, and only then, sit back down to work with grim determination. You can do it.

good luck & I hope it all goes well.

Ben

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
oh, and listen to enya!
just think- it'll all be over soon.

So live it.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
sex - the best stress releiver in the history of the world.

I don't think that's what fusion was refering to though...

BTW, it is natural to get stressed over presentations. I've given probably close to 50 technical presentations by now, and am just now starting to get over being stressed out by them.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I would try sex but no-ones here! . but then again.......

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
What really works for me is visualization techniques. I teach college students, and I always get nervous before speaking in public...always, no matter how much I do it.

What need to do is:

1) to finish writing...change locations or do something different, don't sit in front of a computer...play kool music and trance out. It'll come to you! OR...talk to someone about it, read it over or pretend like you are teaching a person what you know, then it may just verbally flow out of you.

2) practice speaking and reading your presentation over and over - DO NOT worry yourself with trying to memorize it, but know it well enough to look up and make eye contact.

3) mindful meditation and positive affirmations work like magic. Tell yourself (non-stop) that you will do a great job, everything will work out perfectly. If you remain positive, then you will be way less worried and nervous.

4) during your exam/presentation, be aware of your breathing. Take a couple of deep breaths before-hand, close your eyes, and tell yourself it'll be over quickly..then you can go home and smoke a fat bowl

Good luck and let us know how you do!

The experience of learning is living.

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Yaayy it's all over and done with, and i think it went ok!.
Thanx to everyone who gave me advice, it really helped, much love and Huge hugz xxxxxx.

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
yay!
now you can chill out for the rest of eternity (or at least for a little well-deserved while)
un besito
Ben

So live it.