GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Is there anywhere in uk (or even better Leeds) where you can buy handmade sock poi?

I used someones that they made and they were perfect. My textiles skills are pretty dire to say the least but id love some no stretchy, good quality striped socks.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
All socks are stretchy I'm afraid.

Only after extensive spinning do they lose their stretch, or even appear to lose it.

The reason they're not sold anywhere is because, it's a pair of socks, innit. whack 125 - 250 grams of any sort of weight in each one (ie lentils, Rice, juggling balls, whatever you can find), tie a knot in the open end, and Voila!! Sock poi!

No textiles skills needed.

Who'd've thunk it?
rolleyes

UNLESS you mean Cone Poi. In which case, i have a really nice set made by a friend of mine who sells them. I too can not sew, or at least, lack the patience to do so.

Or you could even get some body to Knit you some poi. actually, that's a good Idea.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I do like hyperloop cones smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
You could always try these... wink

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
just be warned the lights for the uberpoi are currently out of stock due to a problem with the supplier but you can still get the socks with beanbag heads. got a set last week myself smile

the hyperloop cones from www.hyperloop.co.uk are sweet though

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
how good are the uber poi from domorepoi?
how do the hyperloop cones differ?

and is it a good idea or bad that the uber poi use drawstring ends?

cheers

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
i have a set and there nice, aint had a set of the cones from hyperloop to compare though, must admit ill be taking the elastic drawsting out and replacing it with lace but thats just a person preference. colours are nice and bring on them though smile couldnt really complain bout that

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hyperloop cones are wicked. Gayle will make your poi as you want them.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
^ ive contacted thmee twice in the past week or 2 and they they havent replied to me yet frown what sort of prices are the hyperloop cones including delivery? do they make they for changable weights or just set weights

cheers

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Gayle has been at Glastonbury since last Wednesday so didnt have access to email smile

Of course, this doesnt apply if you emailed her before then wink

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
*checks email*

Nope, no email..

got one (not two in the last week or so) on the 19th June which i replied to, if that was you.

Gayle.....!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
stupid hotmail! thanks gail, got your reply a couple of days ago. If your busy with festivals and touring at the moment its fine.

Ive repaired my old hop socks and there good for now and just got a new white pair aswell

Would be looking for some well made 'normal' poi like in the first few pictures on hyperloop.co.uk

thanks again
alex