Innokisnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi
Look I'm just interested in thing named Dragon Tail (i really don't know how it's real name, but in Poland we called it Dragon Tail). It looks like this: https://www.crazytoys.pl/galerie/b330dd658f8af19847a3620ed59a4c9d7342.jpg

It's can look like meteors but it isn't. And my question is:
Have you know something about it? Any tuotorials, movies, maybe you know how to make this thing? It's really nice, and i saw a movie on youtube, but i even don't know how to handle it.
PLEASE HELP!!

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Never seen anybody use a firey one but seen shaolin use something similar. Depending on the length ( the pic gives no perspective) you have a few options. Hold the chain with both hands and most basic poi moves are available to you, hold it in one hand and it ges a bit trickier. You have to make one end lead the other, this can be done by holding it off center or by pushing the chain with your thumb to make the end your thumbs pointing at spin a little ahead of the other.

I tied some sock poi together to do something like this just experimenting and got a two beat weave fairly quickly with one hand and i'm working on sonme behing the back passes with it. also the one handed butterfly should be ok, I also tryed just moving both poi to one hand mid spin (one going up and one down out of a fist) do mix these tricks with my normal spinning.

You can spin from the two beat to do little half wraps on one side then back to the other to unwrap but its hard to get them to wrap evenly round your wrist.

Be interesting to know if anybody else has a view on this.

Just jumped round a few other threads on here, the quad poi thread in "other toys" has a few links that you might find interesting and try looking for meteor poi moves too.
EDITED_BY: darkness-before (1182182849)

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*shakes her tail*

*dances to the Blues Brothers*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
*Admires tail shaking, considering the possibilitys of having a tail and using it to spin stuff*

biggrin

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
those look cool

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Ooo... Pretty! biggrin

I'd look for information on Meteor tricks if I were you. Looks like the same sort of thing. Any chain with weights at either end tends to act more or less the same, after all. smile

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

Innokisnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I just made my own dragon tail:
2.5 m, of chain (fi, 3mm), 2x of 80 cm chain (fi. 4mm), and some normal poi staff (tennis ball etc.). I used this two parts of other chain to make smoething looks like robes. But i will have to make it shorter because now it has more than 3 meters.
Here is the only movie that i found https://youtube.com/watch?v=ti0HuElcsJI , and here the second, but with meteors : https://youtube.com/watch?v=_nEUy-MqKYw .
I wish i can do this like them.
Tomorrow I will start practice with this, i heard that it's really painful because it wrapping all time but i must win with dragon!

HOP Newsletter