GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I had some green ones which are now knackered as theres big holes in the ends of them. I ordered some white ones and they are loads longer. I understand they stretch but i can stretch them the whole span of both my arms!

Why arnt they so stretchy and why arnt they all made the same length?

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
My socks (not from HoP) are always much longer than my arm span - its just how I like them!

They look fantastic if you hold them high above your head and start doing some fountains or weaves!! smileThey're reeeeeally long and fun to watch or to dance with.

When I don't want them that long, I just wrap them around my hands a few times to shorten the length whilst spinning. It also means I can play around with various lengths - as unwrapping the socks from around your hands whilst spinning is very easy. Doing weaves with one poi short and poi long is also quite fun.

Long is good, it gives you more variety!!

Tights make very interesting sock poi too, as they stretch really far and vibrate when you spin them! ubblol

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
trying to do stalls and wraps with things that are like bungee ropes is quite annoying though!

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
Yeah, The only thing I didnt like about my HOP socks was the stretchiness. I ended up using mine as a pattern for some home sewn socks from some really nice green/yellow striped fabric. I put lacrosse balls in my HoP socks, tied the ends together and started learning rope dart.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
been using them for about 2 hours now and the stitching has come open at the top and in the middle.

I just feel like the lime green ones i had before were made properly and these were quickly thrown together on a crappy production line by a chinese woman with a 1920s sewing machine.
(the stitching is rubbish)

All my other hop products are great quality but i feel like ive been sent a dud frown

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Get in touch with the HoP shop and they'll sort it out

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I got in touch with the HOP shop and they are very kindly sending me some more out to replace the knackered ones. Great service, thanks.

In the mean time i have stitched the holes in my old trusty lime green ones and they work great smile