zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
ok does anyone know if you can attach fire heads to glowstick poi chains?

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
You can pretty much do anything you want with fire tools. Just use the right connectors and make sure everything's secure. Although since the glowstick(s) are plastic I'd leave a bit of chain visible at the bottom for the flame to burn so it won't hit the plastic, unless you find some from of see-through flexible fire proof material to cover the glowstick(s) in.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
well i'm just starting off so i was hoping to spin glowsticks untill i get good enough to use fire then take the glowsticks off and attach a fire head would that work?

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
I looked at some of HOP's LED poi and one I noticed seems to be on a string. So that wouldn't work. But so long as the LED poi is on chains and has a connector or a swivel that you can attach a fire head to and take off the LED head, then you should be fine.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
ok cuz i was looking at using the chemical glowsticks cuz thats just as easy

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Quick questions

Are your chains made from metal?
If yes is it Stainless steel?
Is the chain as thick as a dog/keychain? (almost is a good enought answer)
Does the chain have Quick Link (or other sturdy connection) at the Head End.

If you answered yes to all the questions then it is suitable for both Fire and Glow Poi.
If not then best to just stick to Glow Poi with those chains unless your gut tells you otherwise.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

zildjinboyBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
yeah i ended up making a set of poi chains from stuff i got from a hardwear store and the quick links are just a little big so i have to take a knife and make the hole bigger to fitt glowsticks and an ibolt from fire heads would fit so thanks for the help thankx