Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Okay... * tries to take deep calming breath *

One minute I was logged into gmail, the next I was logged out... now is says my account doesn't exist... is anyone else having the same problem? Pleaaaase tell me I haven't lost... well, EVERYTHING....

Also, does anyone know how to actually get in touch with the people at gmail.... I just get endlessly directed through help pages, none of which deal with an account actually disappearing...

*whimper*

Neph

everyone's unique except me

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I can't find anyway of contacting them either. Did it say you're account was disabled? Have you been doing anything weird with it?

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

835 posts

Posted:
Trying to imagine something so weird it would cause them to shut me down :-) But nope, nothing even mildly weird in there...

It doesn't say my account is disabled, it really says it doesn't exist... Have by now found a queries form and sent them a message though...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
obvious one, but... are you sure there's not a space or something after your username?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

835 posts

Posted:
"Is it turned on, madam?" smile

yep, checked many, many times... but I would have asked the same thing had someone else posted this smile

835 posts

Posted:
YAY! bounce mysteriously, it's working again today. Thanks guys!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Gmail ate my password!!! Just wouldn't accept it, though I know utterly that it was the correct one. At one point it also told me I was 'over my sending limit' though I've only sent about 5 emails all day. Very odd.

I managed to change the password via the sneaky back road....secret questions via another account (luckily I hadn't closed it). Once I got in, I could see that there's messages there it still hasn't forwarded via POP to my laptop (which is of course where I want things.. not jumbled up in weirdo Gmail format) ... and there are some missing that I know I sent as tests.

Very very odd.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
I just had my bookmark link give me a German text page telling me to use a different URL.
I'm guessing they might be having problems at the mo....

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)