MunkustrapBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Hey what are reliable companies that you guys have bought from? I've checked out products from Bearclaw and Luxotica, I wanted to know if these companies have good reps, and if there are other companies with good reps too.

Also, on an unrelated note, what's something that's contact ready. I don't get what that means.

Please send food!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Munkustrap

Also, on an unrelated note, what's something that's contact ready. I don't get what that means.

Context? confused
Dating site?
Alien tribe?

PS Home of Poi is pretty reliable. biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I believe it is about the style of what you are doing. There is contact staff where the staff looks like it is stuck on you, check some mcp's videos

Is that what you were talking about?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

BrieveBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
for whips www.firewhips.com But they are back ordered 10 weeks. but they make some of the most Beautiful kevlar whips I have seen.

MunkustrapBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Yo, contact ready was applied to fire toys... I was just wondering. I was checking out some of home of poi's stuff, but their prices are a little higher than what I'd like to be spending, especially when they're in Canadian prices. I was hoping to get something in the US. Hence why I wanted to expand my options, know what I'm saying?

Please send food!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Nt rlly... shrug spcfy pls

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

ubersmackSILVER Member
journeyman
73 posts

Posted:
Trick concepts
Bearclaw Manufacturing
Flamma Aeterna

All in the U.S. and good companys, google and you shall receive. Trick concepts is my personal fav.

"Runs with Scissors"

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Well...HoP is pretty competitively priced. You may be able to save a couple of dollars on shipping, taxes, and that annoying 5 dollar border services "paperwork" charge ( you know the one....the one where they charge you money to charge you taxes ) by buying inside Canada You'll still pay those charges ( and taxes ) importing from the US though.

Contact ready ??? my guess is that term applies to the types of handles available with some types of staves. eg, a contoured handle might not be all that contact friendly.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
plus it is good quality here. You get what you pay for

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Home of Poi toys are reliable, well made and worth the money you pay for them... well that's what I've found. I've never purchased anything from the companies you've named so I can't comment on them.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I've purchased from HOP, Bearclaw and Renegade juggling. I've been happy with all my purchases. When it comes to fire props I tend to buy form bearclaw, but I am biased cause I know the owner. Living in the US I tend to like to support US companies, but at the same time the HOP store supports the HOP site so I like to support that too. smile

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
Bearclaw sucks. I'm sorry but it's true. The equipment looks like it was made poorly by an amateur.

Trick Concepts is by far the best for any fire equipment. And HOP for anything else, including accessories for building.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater