FreakishmindBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hey there, i've never done real poi before and I want to learn. I was wondering if anyone could help me out by letting my know which fabric set would be the best to begin with, and which dvds are the best. Thanks so much! <3

k8etSILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
it's really an every person likes something different thing... the kits they sell here come with a decent video for getting started (although nothing beats learning in person from someone!)

the fluffy furry poi seem perfect because they won't hurt, but i think most people (i do anyway) find them too lightweight - a little heavier and you can go slower, better for learning.

i LOVE my glow sock poi, so if you want a more budget friendly version, the foxy sock poi (or a pair of knee high socks with bags of rice) work well ;o) (Ack i see the glow ones aren't listed! but you can get the socks and the balls seperately
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/273_29_soft_LED

the ultra and buzz poi with tails -- not bad as long as the tails are removable.

aka hunnybear in burning man circles
avatar: hunnybear - nj - 06/16/07 (c) abjectphoto

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
nah, I still say tails help with plane control and help you see what you are doing

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

k8etSILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
true (and they really tighten up your timing when learning thread the needle! LOL!)

as long as you can remove them for learning certain things.... (although the strings aren't great for any kind of wraps.)

aka hunnybear in burning man circles
avatar: hunnybear - nj - 06/16/07 (c) abjectphoto