Forums > Social Chat > Weird Things You Believed as a Kid

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Remember when you were a little tacker and you believed some crazy things?

Like when I was a kid I thought that if whales were so big, how did they fit in the ocean?

so! C'mon people! What weird things did you believe?

ubbrollsmile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
When i was little i used to think I was scared that if you werent carefull when cleaning tummy button with cotton buds they could fall through and get lost

theres a council house in bristol with two identical statues on each end my aunty convinced me that each year they changed ends all by them seves with nobody noticing always tried to spot them moving

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ooh! i thought of another one!

when i was really little someone at school told us that there was a murderer in the bush that ran up one side of our school. apparently he had a gun & would shoot at random kids if they were walking by themselves between buildings on that side of the school. eek we were all so freaked out! & to make that worse - there actually WAS an escaped prisoner in this bushland a year or two before they told us this! (i found that out years later, so i'm thinking that's where they got the idea from!!) ubblol

ubblol about the cemetary thing! i'd never heard that one until a certain hopper (whom i won't name!) starting holding her breath as i drove past toowong cemetary. this is not a small cemetary. it takes at least 5 minutes just to drive around the outside!! so um, yes, she finally had to breathe & i couldn't stop laughing when she told me! & then i threatened to drive around the whole cemetary or even up through the centre of it!! ubblol
EDITED_BY: gita (1183123771)

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FlamezBRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
I have one...

When I was about 4 we had a female border collie called Sheba, my grandparents had a male border collie called Blits (lightning). Now he being male and she being female, they would do what dogs normaly do...

When this happened my dad would take the hose and spray water over the dogs as our dog would be the one with the puppies. Now sumtimes when dogs do their things they get stuck. When I asked my mum what was happening with the dogs I was told that their tails got tangled. Me being a 4 year old believed every word...

I never actualy thaught of it up untill a few years ago when my little border collie (Yunka) got "tangled" with this mutt from across the street. Then only did I realize umm, ya, mothers dont always tell you everything redface

offtopic I actualy have to lock Yunka up when I poi, she is half blind and has a major thing for chasing spinning fire balls... offtopic

"My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely."

"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
When I was little and used to visit my nan and bamps, like parents/grandparents say "a little birdie told me" when they find out somethin... she'd always point to a random bird on a roof, and I actually believed that it told her somethin... and was always out to get that bird XD

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
i used to belive that a painting of a train going though a little farm place with tracks curving into the distance moved, especially the train which got closer and closer and i thought i would one day be gone. also belived that the chickens kept moving, hehe the things that we come up with when were children.
had a family gathering the oher day and we talking about the 9 o'clock horses, anyone heard of them?

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
When I was little, my mum told me that the little plastic/rubber strip hanging from the back of the car was to stop carsickness.

I announced this in my year eleven Physics classed, when the teacher asked us.

Of course it is actually to discharge static electricity.

Why I thought car-sickness was related to my Physics class, I'll never know.

janatheGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
I used to pretend that there were giants that controlled us like we were little dolls. I would think that we didn't decide what to do or where to go, it was up to them. Our cars were really like barbie cars.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
natasgi - the theory of the day went that the static electricity build up caused car-sickness so it was for both reasons. You weren't being a gullible kid on that one!

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Santa Claus ubblol

What do you mean.....???

Y'...You're not saying......????

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

natasgi - the theory of the day went that the static electricity build up caused car-sickness so it was for both reasons. You weren't being a gullible kid on that one!

Oh, and I was pronounced stupid by my class... frown

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
That a gaint bat called Boke was going to fly in to my room ad steal me away, then fly back to his cave where I will get turned in to a vampire.

haha ooo!

That the swimming pool had great white sharks and that the ocean didnt

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
When i was a kid i used to think there where people following me with video cameras tapeing my every move,
that there was a monster that lived under the house and if i went out in the back yard at night he would come out and drag me under the house and eat me,
we also had a window that was in the bathroom and every once in a while i would swear there where creatures sitting in the window sill and watched me as i was batheing.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i just remembered then, that at one point, i used to think the mortal kombat logo dragon lived outside the window above my toilet, and therefore, avoided going there at sunset.. shrug

ubblol hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Firinnenewbie
23 posts

Posted:
When I was really young the kids at my school told me peanut butter was squirrel poo ... I wouldn't eat it for years rolleyes

esmokahSILVER Member
journeyman
75 posts

Posted:
That I could be anything I wanted when I grow up.

I've never seen a supernova blow up, but if it's anything like my old chevy nova it'll light up the night sky!

tiger_chicmember
101 posts

Posted:
when i was little my older sisters told me that if i stood on a crack i would marry a rat. i believed it

..."LOOK at me, HERE I am, lllllooove me"... Luigi "Cars: The Movie."

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pineapple pete

i just remembered then, that at one point, i used to think the mortal kombat logo dragon lived outside the window above my toilet, and therefore, avoided going there at sunset.. shrug

I had a similar one. Above the stairs we had a picture of a tiger and I was scared that there was one living downstairs - but it would only come out at night. Apparently tigers are nocturnal.

Kupo!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jarle

Written by: pineapple pete

I had a similar one. Above the stairs we had a picture of a tiger and I was scared that there was one living downstairs - but it would only come out at night. Apparently tigers are nocturnal.

yes, with me it was wolves under the dinner table and under my bed. Fortunately I've had a toy rabbit to protect me.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Page: