Forums > Help! > Performer release form video/photography

Login/Join to Participate

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hi all.
I'm having some trouble trying to find or create a video relese form for a performance I’m going to be filming soon. I thought with all of the creative people on this forum somebody would have maybe come a cross some thing like this?.

Basically our circus training group is doing a show case performance. Some of the performers are using acts that they have created for there own corporate performances and some of the acts were created specifically for the show. We are going to create a video and take some good photos. The only thing that they footage will be used for is a video to give every one in the show, and any advertising and press for the Circus space.
I'm really struggling with what to put in the release and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am pretty sure that all of the performers would be fin with the videoing and stuff but we like to be safe with these things just in case.
thanks in advance,

Jane

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
heya

if you click here you can take a looky at the CoL release form... gain some inspiration there smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
great idea that is a good example thanks. : )
any body else?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You should definately put in a clause saying that you take ownership of the left feet of anyone performing, to see who actually takes the time to read it before signing.

Also, it'll be handy if ever you need a couple of extra left feet.

smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

Good idea!
Possibly even include another clause for ownership of their soul?

devil

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help every one i ended up smooshing together parts form the hop one and parts from other releses that i thought were inportant.

TheBovrilMonkey i wish i had read that before i could acctually do with spare right foot a the moment :P

glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:
ugh the dreaded release forms discussion. Well, officially, depending on the level of commercialness and seriousness of the project in question, a release form that you just "throw together" might need to be checked over by one of those expensive suit-wearing, tie-toting thugs i.e. lawyer who has knowledge in area of release forms... they have a special name really but i can't think of it at the moment, but not just any lawyer as they all don't know about photography and will give you poo advice. Anyways it changes too depending on where you and the people to be recorded reside... and how finicky you may think they might be 5 years down the road if someone's still making money off their works. I'd recommend a bit of Googling if you're worried... but if everyone involved are just hippies, then carry on and forget i said anything wink

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org