all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:

We live on 25 acres in the Lockyer Valley so we have lots of space for 5 kids aged 8 and 16 to practise thier new found skills and also to have get togethers sat around a huge open fire.

I cannot believe how well the kids are going with this, its now such a passion of thiers and a huge part of thier lives that I can even get them all to do thier homework without me even asking them!!

They are constantly twirling things around whilst even sat watching TV, socks or bits of string and have even got caught in school finger twirling pencils!! The art of twirling has even taught them to listen to the beat and speed of music rather than just the words.
Every night the kids get together on the back yard to practice and show each other any new moves or ideas for moves that they have. Its the couple of hours in the day when they dont have any sibling rivalry and they are not bickering at each other.
We are all worried about when our children grow older they might get in with the wrong crowd and pick up a terrible addiction of some sort...well this is one addiction that I am please for my kids to have and a wonderful group of people that I am happy to have them hang around with !!
For this we would like to thank "Nelgy" hug he is such a fantastic mentor for these kids and he gives them so much confidence in themselves with his inspiring words and wonderful friendship!!

Thank you Glen!!

The latest is that our kids are off to Uberoz this year. They are sooooo excited!!! and are hoping to learn lots of new moves and knowing my lot are about to meet some new but long lasting friendships!!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
There are a fair few of us who will be sojourning to Uberoz this year smile Looking forward to it! hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
welcome to hop,
see you are uberoz!!!
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Welcome family, you will have us travelling to your neck of the woods in the next couple of weeks to have some firey goodness too. So no doubt we will meet then.

OOo welcome to HoP, you'll find lots of inspiration for yourself and the kids here i'm sure!!

wave

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hiya! biggrin welcome to the nuthouse!! ubbloco enjoy your stay!!

& like gitasguy (aka paul) said, we'll see you in a couple of weeks hopefully!! (assuming of course that you guys are going to 'hipies on the hill'??) biggrin

& you're coming to 2uberoz too! wooh!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the awesome welcome..
and yes we will be at 'Hippys on the Hill', how else am I going to get everyones help to make 5 new little hippies?..hehehe.. We cant wait..
and Uberoz. Wooh! indeed....Its all sooo exciting....
I over heard my littliest asking my eldest "Whats a hippy?" and the answer " The people that walked about 100's of years ago wearing bright coloured clothes and saying'Peace Man' "peace I had to giggle...( cant remember really saying that !! then it clicked that he had said 100,s of years ago!!!!! How old do my kids really think I am ??? eek

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey there!
Welcome!
I am really looking forward to meeting you and your crew!
xxGabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yay! more hippies!! ubblol peace hehe!

i'm hoping it won't be too freezing for the winter solstice...though i think i am hoping for too much...it is june & it is near toowoomba!! ubblol

so um...what is your name/s? i just realised you hadn't mentioned that bit yet!! ubblol also - there's a sticky thread at the top of the intro page with a template for an intro that you can copy & paste into here!! biggrin saves us lot asking you silly questions!! ubblol

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
OK here ya go !!

Name: AbbieHIbby's name is Eddie. KIds are
Jesskah 16
Thom 13
Travis 12
Jessy 10
George 8
Chester 3.. ( ohh hes my dog!!)

Location: JUnction View. not the end of the earth..but you can see it from here!

Hometown: Sheffield England

DOB: 29 Oct 1966

Age: 40!!!...eeek am i really??.. oh well you know what they say, growing old is mandatory but growing UP is not!

Sex: hmm..when th e kids arent around..;) sorry couldnt resist!....female!!

Occupation(s):Full time Mum, plus student, Cert 4 Tourism Sales & Marketing plus we take in rescue animals

Favorite Food(s): Indian Curry

Favorite Color(s):Purple and silver

Toys: again when the kids arent around... ohhh you mean fire toys.... well I have these round glowy things that seem to keep cracking me on the head when I am not looking......but the kids have , fluffy. glow and fire poi, staffs, fans, bats and orbs up to now!!

Hobbies other than the obvious: Pottery, scrapbooking, photography and I love animals...

Education: ! year at Uni doing bach of Early education then thought to myself " Do I really want to spend allll day with other peoples kids and then alll night with my own?"..answer..."NAH!!"

Favorite Book(s): At the moment "Gatton Murders"

Favorite Movie(s): Ummm dont really get to watch much TV, but I do love " The full MOnty". love the sound track plus it was filmed in my home town

Favorite TV show(s): CSI. Law & Order....

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) Im not going to grow up remember?... But later this year we are starting a business.. we are building some guest cabins etc .but in the meantime just happy to make new friends and hang out around a roaring fire in the back yard. We have a big back yard!

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Liquorice

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? Nutella.... cant stand vegemite.. its like footwash!!

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
OK here ya go !!

Name: Abbie ...Hubby's name is Eddie.
KIds are
Jesskah 16
Thom 13
Travis 12
Jessy 10
George 8
Chester 3.. ( ohh hes my dog!!)

Location: Junction View. not the end of the earth..but you can see it from here!

Hometown: Sheffield England

DOB: 29 Oct 1966

Age: 40!!!...eeek am i really??.. oh well you know what they say, growing old is mandatory but growing UP is not!

Sex: hmm..when the kids arent around..;) sorry couldnt resist!....female!!

Occupation(s):Full time Mum, plus student, Cert 4 Tourism Sales & Marketing plus we take in rescue animals

Favorite Food(s): Indian Curry

Favorite Color(s):Purple and silver

Toys: again when the kids arent around... ohhh you mean fire toys.... well I have these round glowy things that seem to keep cracking me on the head when I am not looking......but the kids have , fluffy. glow and fire poi, staffs, fans, bats and orbs up to now!!

Hobbies other than the obvious: Pottery, scrapbooking, photography and I love animals...

Education: 1 year at Uni doing bach of Early education then thought to myself " Do I really want to spend allll day with other peoples kids and then alll night with my own?"..answer..."NAH!!"

Favorite Book(s): At the moment "Gatton Murders"

Favorite Movie(s): Ummm dont really get to watch many movies, dont have the attention span to sit still for too long... but I do love " The full Mnty". love the sound track plus it was filmed in my home town

Favorite TV show(s): CSI. Law & Order....

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) Im not going to grow up remember?... But later this year we are starting a business.. we are building some guest cabins etc .but in the meantime just happy to make new friends and hang out around a roaring fire in the back yard. We have a big back yard!

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Liquorice

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? Nutella.... cant stand vegemite.. its like footwash!!

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
oops now you all definately know me...twice!!
sorry

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hometown Sheffield! Well that's going to confuse them wink
Hometown now= a dinky little spot on the map west of Brisvegas. Brisbane. Oz.

Abbie's not flying the brood for hippie school peace from Yookay! She'd just have to go to PLAY.
smile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hi! biggrin

you guys are probably having lots of fun spinning away the night at 'hippies on the hill' right now!! weavesmiley unfortunately we couldn't make it...stupid falling down the stairs making it hard to walk...*grumble grumble*

anyways! hope you guys have an awesome night!! biggrin we'll see you at 2uberoz!! bounce

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Hi there.
Well Hippes was awesome.. but all we did was spin around in the mud!!.. It RAINED RAINED RAINED and the kids couldnt do thier performance and they were sooo upset..oh well. they will do it at the next Avalon on the 1st Friday of July...Heard about your accident , hope all is ok.....Glen said that are to stay away from stairs from now until Uberoz......Talk soon
Abbie

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Hi

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hope u enjoyed uberoz as much as i enjoy i-can't-believe-it's-not-butter smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Was lovely to meet you and your family smile

By the way, I did manage to find footage of two of your boys doing staff and poi at the sunday show off. Once I put it up I will let you know.

Hope Jess's foot gets better very soon!

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hi there!! twas awesome to meet all of you guys on the weekend!! biggrin we'll definitely try to get up to avalon sometime soon!!

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
HI all
We are still all soooooooooooo excited about last weekend. Sooooooooo tired too!!........

Living in a rural area its hard to make friends especially friends with the same interests......It was absolutely wonderful to meet such awesome people whom I am sure we will meet again......

And if I hear Jess crying over her foot once more I will be raffling her off at Woodford!!!...lmao... No seriously, its pretty bad and there is a high possibility that it jas to be lanced! ewwwwwwwwwwwww

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
ok Update .. foot is fine....so we will be keeping Jess after all!!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
wavehello lovely to meet you all at uber it will be great to see what sort of routines your troupe has put together for next years smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?