Forums > Videos > video without subtitles

Login/Join to Participate

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
hi poiple,

haven't been around here for years.. haven't been spinning for years.. but nonetheless I decided yesterday to do some spinning and to film it in order to produce a little video for a campaign by a German clothes shop smile

The campaign is called "BlowUpYourShirt" and you probably guessed it already - the task was to made a video in which you destroy one of your older t-shirts in order to get a new one. Most of the videos made for this campaign are rather short and boring, and since I wanted to make something more spectacular I decided to connect the destruction of my t-shirt with the most beautiful thing on earth - fire spinning biggrin

it was pretty hard to come up with a foolish story connecting these two things, but I finally had one: it is about a young guy living in the Bavarian forest who goes by the name "THE CHOSEN ONE".. he is said to be a great Kung Fu master and some people say that he gains his powers from a rather ordinary T-shirt.. The Chosen One's task is to defend his village from the evil wolves and after years of practicing his staff-skills and killing wolves, his t-shirt is completely [censored] up. But he needs its power thus he decides to combine his sticks with the t-shirt.. (and, of course, he finally succeeds in chasing away the wolves forever smile)

haha as if that wouldn't be david-lynchish enough and complete mischief I also decided to speak with a heavy Bavarian accent.. so please forgive me for not having made any subtitles but I wanted to finish the whole video in less than 20 hours and that's the reason why I didn't make any.. but after having read my synopsis you should be able to get the great story underlying this fabulous film

the spinning is rather ordinary and non-spectacular.. considering that I haven't been spinning for about a year it's not that bad at all, though (nonetheless, no clean planes for you, mr drew .. not today wink).

but I wanted to share this video because it tells a few things about my own "spinning" career. I really used to practice a lot with those heavy branches you get to see in the video and my first firestaff was also made of an old t-shirt and a stick. so maybe some of you feel reminded of their own past as well..

enough of talking, go watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0PolkOuf8

greetings,
max

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Sweet smile

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
yeahh Max ubbrollsmile
I thought you had disappeared from planet Earth ..
I'm d/l the video so I'll come back for the comments

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
kewl work
uber cheesy pose & martial presentation ubblove
hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i like humour in a video. thanks mate!
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Me likes it 2 - not that I understood nada. I even recomended it to a German speaker, becuase I understood so little
The extent of my German runs to the VERY important phrase - Mich bin eina Kartoffel Ora - Its comes in usefull in Street shows

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
teheee thanx for watching guyse biggrin

@olive: damn, nice to hear from you as well.. god we gotta meet again one day.. maybe I'm gonna attend the ejc this year if I have some free time hehe

@firenix: jah I guess even for a native German speaker it can be a little hard sometimes to understand everything because of my strong accent - but glad you enjoyed it anyway, and hey great phrase you know btw

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
normally I should be at EJC this year ubbrollsmile