Forums > Social Chat > Thread no. 11111 (anything goes)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Every Poster chooses subject... ubbloco ubbidea weavesmiley

Spinning poi keeps you sane!

Congratulations HoP!!!!!

hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Always thought the whole depress multiple visible pin to unlock thing was seriously stupid, had to figure out my way round that when I was eleven and lost the key to the locking bolt on my PC.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about the bick fire tom. Orange bikes definatly are fantastic,I don't know what i would do if mine were stolen. I hope it finds it's way back to you some how.

One tip For people who have disk breaks on there bike, you can get a little lock that goes through one of the holes in the disk so also have a loop so you can lock another lock through that one. The great part about them is the pin that goes through the break disk is totaly unreach able there for uncutable.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thing is: no insurance... I used to take it up to the flat, but then thought - ah what, this is Munich, ej - should be okay and left it standing there for 2 consecutive days.

They took it and left only a tiny trace. I am suspecting the movers because they moved the trailer and one part of my bikes lock was lying at the position they moved the trailer to - not at the original position. Called the movers already 1 hr after they left. Sure they are denying and the guy says he's got two witnesses (co-workers/ employees)...

However I am not certain.

Usually bikes like this get torn into pieces and a paint job. I have no hope on this one... It was not so much the frame (except for the bright orange) but the Shimano XT equipment that the guys targetted...

What would you do, if suddenly you see a guy on your (ex)bike passing on the road? umm spank mad2

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hey Tom, bummer about the bike, I've had a few stolen from me in my time and it'a a pretty stink feeling. I saw one of them again being pedalled down the road by a skinhead about a month later and fortunately I had my bro' with me (all 6'1 of him) so we dashed across the road and stopped him (wasn't hard to catch as both the tyres were flat). He claimed that the bike belonged to his brother (yeah, right) but he parted with it rather quickly when I pointed out all of the bikes little quirks. So keep a large demolition worker on hand just in case you see your bike again, worked for me smile

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

Page: