Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
i got into poi about three months ago and thought there was no one in my area should i set up a group to practice on a regular basis and now a couple of friends are now keen to start one has already bought herself a set of poi she has asked me to teach her what i know should i accept and teach her and my other friend or refuse and let them self teach as to develop there own style.help please before my brain loses sanity

right im off to play with my ball of pink fluff

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
theres a monthly thing in sheffield called *poiinthepark* on what one stop on the train to shef? theres a hugh thread about it in the events section. you could send them on a day trip there.

naw but their your friends it would be a little selfish to not all mingle and learn together if you have only been doing it for 3 months, or are you scared there will be competition between you all? honestly i thought it was fun learning with others and i certainly enjoy teach others more.

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
bit of a teck to shef plus lack of mopney we only just manage leeds at the weekend were a few can spin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
leeds has the best club in the world... federation! sorry *randomly well off topic as normal* i used to perform there once a month.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
dont midland mainline run through?? i never pay on those and they very rarely check tickets before you get to your destination.

see i'm just cheeky, i did brighton to waterloo and waterloo to gatwick the otherday

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
the one thing i need help with is do i help my friends to learn how to spin or do i let them find out on there own

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
I would say help em out - just show them the basics and then let them develop at their own pace.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trait Of 1112™:
naw but their your friends it would be a little selfish to not all mingle and learn together if you have only been doing it for 3 months, or are you scared there will be competition between you all? honestly i thought it was fun learning with others and i certainly enjoy teach others more.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Definitely help them learn. Learning together is much more fun than learning alone.

Are we nearly there yet?

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
3 minds are greater than 1.

Together you will understand moves faster and develope faster and have a lot more new ideas than any one of you would have alone.

The 'competition' that might arise would only serve to drive yourselves onwards faster too.

promise!

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!