Forums > Social Chat > Help me point and laugh all over the world! (Everclear)

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_Bowen
Kathain_Bowen

Good Ol' Yarn For Hair
Total posts: 422
Posted:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4sn91PJLc
br>
Ok, children, whoever can tell me what Nick did wrong gets a shiny gold star! And no cheating by asking Ms. Pele!

frown The really sad thing is, I know this person in the real world. His name is actually Nick, and he's the singer in my brother's band, Zodiac (my brother being the notorious Johnny Bass, as in Johnny Bass Needs Beer). And, to make it sadder, I've heard rumors of him considering to do it again.

*facepalm facepalm facepalm*

So, how do you get someone you don't like, avoid, and generally loathe to reconsider attempting something of that caliber of stupidity again without them thinking you did a nice thing (because of that loathing thing?)? confused

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Delete Topic

georgemc
georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .
Total posts: 2387
Posted:give him a copy of the Backyard spinner's guide to fire DVD and make him watch it...

And even if there's that loathing thing happening, look at it this way - funerals are expensive things and if he's your brothers mate, chances are you'll be involved in the funeral. Maybe your brother too! frown

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
Total posts: 3286
Posted:In the wise words of Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean...

"It's your funeral"

ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

*Geo*
*Geo*

Total posts: 108
Posted:sometimes you just have to let people try and win the ultimate prize - A Darwin Award! wink

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Isn't doing it with alcohol a major no-no anyway?

Silly silly drunk man.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Dear God, what did he NOT do wrong! eek

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted: Written by: Kathain_Bowen

So, how do you get someone you don't like, avoid, and generally loathe to reconsider attempting something of that caliber of stupidity again without them thinking you did a nice thing (because of that loathing thing?)? confused

Judging by the comments at the end of the video, unfortunately I think our natural reaction wouldn't have the desired effect, in fact, quite the opposite.
"A Season in Hell" came to mind but somehow I doubt he'd have a concentration span long enough to persevere with it and if he did, I suspect he would brag that a professional came out worse than he did.
(It's just an idea, but I've often wondered, as we keep hearing about these kinds of stupidity, whether a more concise version, maybe with images, would also be useful, but it would be completely up to Pele).

I notice a disclaimer/warning was included at the beginning, as in similar videos (Jackass etc.), which he obviously hasn't heeded.
Maybe you could appeal to his simplest understanding of logic by asking what the point of that was if he himself didn't take any notice of them the first time around and then ask him for what good reasons he might think those warnings are necessary, for which there are of course very many.

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:omg eek
if it weren't so seriously messed up I'd be screaming alcohol abuse, but I'm thinking no OMG

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

BamBam
BamBam

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1810
Posted:wrong just wrong!

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Delete

Skatto
Skatto

Walking on whims...
Total posts: 687
Posted: Written by: Birgit

Dear God, what did he NOT do wrong! eek

I think that sums it up.

shrug

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:ubblol greenday really where onto something when they wrote american idiot biggrin

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Total posts: 1034
Posted:I wouldn't care that much about Nick, but rather warn your brother to leave the room as soon as Nick starts to get ideas like that again (who knows, maybe next time the guy will set the whole kitchen aflame)

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

animatEd
animatEd

1 + 1 = 3
Total posts: 3540
Posted: Written by: Kathain_Bowen

So, how do you get someone you don't like, avoid, and generally loathe to reconsider attempting something of that caliber of stupidity again without them thinking you did a nice thing (because of that loathing thing?)?

I'd start by calling him a d!ckhead and go from there.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

pricklyleaf
pricklyleaf

with added berries
Total posts: 1365
Posted:Oh my God!

like birgit says - what did he not do wrong!

I guess you could at least try to warn him, but like you say, it possibly wouldn't do much good. Maybe show that article to his friends, and then at least they have more knowledge to get the hell out of the way if he does that again!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

ElectricBlue
ElectricBlue

Now with extra strawberries
Total posts: 810
Posted:i think the best thing for people like this that won't/don't listen, is to not give them the audiance.

Usually they only do it to show off, so what is the point of them doing it if there is nobody watching.

One time i was at a festival to do a fire show and the guys next to use were asking about fire breathing. I said the whole "it's not safe this is what could happen..., it even happens to the pros" bit but they said "nah look it is easy"
They were trying to do it with prof rum. So i gave my final warning about how dangerous and silly it would be and walked off. Rather than giveing them an audiance that they felt they had to prove something too. I don't know if they tryed it but it totaly shut them down and got rid of the competitive mood.

I did have a quick look back, after to make sure nobody hurt them self.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Delete

DarkFyre
DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
Total posts: 1965
Posted:what a dumb F#%&

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

Kathain_Bowen
Kathain_Bowen

Good Ol' Yarn For Hair
Total posts: 422
Posted: Written by: Limits_To_Contest

I'd start by calling him a d!ckhead and go from there.

smile

Does deciding to attempt to get people on three or more continents to ridicule him count? ubbrollsmile

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Delete