Forums > Social Chat > Help me point and laugh all over the world! (Everclear)

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4sn91PJLc

Ok, children, whoever can tell me what Nick did wrong gets a shiny gold star! And no cheating by asking Ms. Pele!

frown The really sad thing is, I know this person in the real world. His name is actually Nick, and he's the singer in my brother's band, Zodiac (my brother being the notorious Johnny Bass, as in Johnny Bass Needs Beer). And, to make it sadder, I've heard rumors of him considering to do it again.

*facepalm facepalm facepalm*

So, how do you get someone you don't like, avoid, and generally loathe to reconsider attempting something of that caliber of stupidity again without them thinking you did a nice thing (because of that loathing thing?)? confused

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
give him a copy of the Backyard spinner's guide to fire DVD and make him watch it...

And even if there's that loathing thing happening, look at it this way - funerals are expensive things and if he's your brothers mate, chances are you'll be involved in the funeral. Maybe your brother too! frown

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
In the wise words of Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean...

"It's your funeral"

ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
sometimes you just have to let people try and win the ultimate prize - A Darwin Award! wink

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Isn't doing it with alcohol a major no-no anyway?

Silly silly drunk man.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Dear God, what did he NOT do wrong! eek

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
omg eek
if it weren't so seriously messed up I'd be screaming alcohol abuse, but I'm thinking no OMG

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
wrong just wrong!

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Dear God, what did he NOT do wrong! eek

I think that sums it up.

shrug

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol greenday really where onto something when they wrote american idiot biggrin

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't care that much about Nick, but rather warn your brother to leave the room as soon as Nick starts to get ideas like that again (who knows, maybe next time the guy will set the whole kitchen aflame)

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kathain_Bowen

So, how do you get someone you don't like, avoid, and generally loathe to reconsider attempting something of that caliber of stupidity again without them thinking you did a nice thing (because of that loathing thing?)?

I'd start by calling him a d!ckhead and go from there.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Oh my God!

like birgit says - what did he not do wrong!

I guess you could at least try to warn him, but like you say, it possibly wouldn't do much good. Maybe show that article to his friends, and then at least they have more knowledge to get the hell out of the way if he does that again!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
i think the best thing for people like this that won't/don't listen, is to not give them the audiance.

Usually they only do it to show off, so what is the point of them doing it if there is nobody watching.

One time i was at a festival to do a fire show and the guys next to use were asking about fire breathing. I said the whole "it's not safe this is what could happen..., it even happens to the pros" bit but they said "nah look it is easy"
They were trying to do it with prof rum. So i gave my final warning about how dangerous and silly it would be and walked off. Rather than giveing them an audiance that they felt they had to prove something too. I don't know if they tryed it but it totaly shut them down and got rid of the competitive mood.

I did have a quick look back, after to make sure nobody hurt them self.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
what a dumb F#%&

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

I'd start by calling him a d!ckhead and go from there.

smile

Does deciding to attempt to get people on three or more continents to ridicule him count? ubbrollsmile

"So long and thanks for all the fish."