Forums > Social Chat > No..I dont need that hair! My First Burn

Login/Join to Participate

HypnoticGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
{I dont think it worked last time so Im posting again}

I had my first burn last Sun after 6-7 years of glowstick poi. I burned off the hair on my left hand atempting a spiral wrap. It just kinda stopped so I had to quickly get them off my hands and get some momentum back. Another intance I burnt some hair on my eyebrow messing up behind my back I think. They all seemed amazed that was my first burn so I guess I did ok.

Over all I had a great night, Dark Tribal, beer, a bunch of wierdos (includeing me) spinning fire what more could you ask for. I cant thank my new friends enough who treated me to their hospitality and their fire poi. I am definately bitten by the fire bug and aware of the necessary saftey. Thanks to everyone.

_Adam_GOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Congratulations on your first burn!

Did you find you were a bit more nervous with fire and less hesitant to pull over more complex moves? I know I was on my first burn.

HypnoticGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
thank you Spanner I guess we can just let this thread die.

I was a bit nervious. Though I have a flow that is very easy for me that everyone loves that includes butterflies that everyone loves so it was too bad.