Page:
SeventyMilesBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
this forum is made to list all the reasons not to drink alcohol PERIOD! any contributions will be happily accepted smile

"A beautiful day. When it ends nothing remains the way it was..."

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
wave Hi Dixie, long time no see! How is the world of wine testing?

I have no problem with people drinking responsibly, for the record, it wasn't a random scare story aimed at putting anyone off drinking, just something that happened to me recently that made me think a lot.

smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Wow TF
I guess another reason might be what happens after you drink. You may decide you're good enough to drive.

There was this guy on his way back from his outpatient AA treatment. It was his seventh offense. On the way home he was literally drinking and driving. My cousin who did bike rides around the US to Canada and up to Alaska was training for his next circle around the country. Guy hit him. We could only identify him by his bike cause it was special order. It broke my 95 yr old uncle's heart. That was his flying buddy. He was my college mentor. Got me started in mediation. Cousin was so loved people were lined up around the block a few times over.
The guy got off. But cousin's sister got the laws changed (she was an activist). Now you really don't want to got caught drinking and driving in WI. Hell, hath no fury

The point is you don't know what might happen after you've been drinking.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
he was coming back from an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting!?! Perhaps he should have paid a bit more attention!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,556 posts

Posted:
well it was a councilling session in conjunction with meetings.
sometimes it is order that you seek treatment and AA around here will work with a treatment group. Go to meeting and meet after with a counciller

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol maybe it just made him thirsty and "drink the last bottle"....

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

3,556 posts

Posted:
laughter here at this juncture is hardly appropriate. just insensitive i guess

(btw my cousin was the one that made me realize how powerful the words of erat hora (my sig) were )
EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1180647265)

Faith

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
big fat beer guts

are you gonna drink that?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
distressing your family and stuffing up your children

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,556 posts

Posted:
the something crawled in my mouth feeling in the morning

Faith

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
now, there's a really good video exhample for reasons not to drink (flaming alcoholic shots)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
A reason not to drink much alcohol is because one disconnects from the world and other people around ones self. Some people say that weed fights anger and alcohol fights fear... Substances are medication and "it's the dose that makes the poison".

Problem might be that with a lot what we are indulging on, we have lost the connection, the knowledge of how to celebrate it the proper way.

Written by: faithinfire

laughter here at this juncture is hardly appropriate. just insensitive i guess
(btw my cousin was the one that made me realize how powerful the words of erat hora (my sig) were )

Thank you for making me aware in that PM:

My post was rude and offensive to you and the feelings of your family. I was not completely reading your post and missed out on the fact that your cousin died. Please do accept my apology, I will be more careful in the future.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Because my head feels like it's screwed on wrong. Ouch.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
Drunk driving. You could likely find yourself in jail or fined at the least, if not having killed someone or many people or yourself.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Waking up in the middle of a cornfield wearing nothing but a towel, no keys to get back in & no memory of getting out (over the balcony) shrug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Wild Child

Waking up in the middle of a cornfield wearing nothing but a towel, no keys to get back in & no memory of getting out (over the balcony) shrug

ubblol pretty much sums up some of my weekends out partying, except the waking up in nothing other than a towel biggrin

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I don't recommend it - the confusion is palpable and corn is very scratchy! umm

Suffice to say I WON'T be doing that at Play ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

7,193 posts

Posted:
i normally come to my sences at sun up and start trying to work out why i cant remember meeting people ubblol

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
or do what Bubbles did and go round apologising for being drunk the night before - whilst drunk ubblol

Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubbangel

it messes up your memory *raises hand*

on a serious note though, i still like a drink, only do every now and again, or at festies, but my memory and thinking process if fooked now for drinking a lot for so long. those of you i know have seen me on many occasions getting confused and forgetting! my head is screwed and i can tell it is, thats drinking for you!

i dont think people realise how much of an affect it can have on you, i get so frustrated now because i forget the most stupid things, i cant express what i want to say as much now and i can never remember anything!
EDITED_BY: Ze_Bubbles (1182375335)

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Ze Bubbles, you sound like you have exactly the same issues as my partner, except he frazzled his brain with too much dope!

You're right though, people overlook what a huge impact drinking can have on the brain. It really bugs me that it's legal to drink alcohol but illegal to smoke dope, because I've seen a lot of the mental illnesses and negative impacts that the government/public bodies associate with smoking weed apply to people who drink excessively. I've seen far more people completely screw up their lives and the lives of their families by abusing alcohol. It just seems like a bit of a double standard.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

3,556 posts

Posted:
ditto

Faith

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
The towel and cornfield episode was by no means a one-off during that period of my life - or indeed for more than 2 decades. I was doing alot of alcohol and alot of weed at the time and frequently lost hours of a night out, and suffered the subsequent/consequent shame/fear/anxiety.

But I held down a 'good' high profile/high paid job and eventually realised the smoke had to go cos it was slowing me down so much, then the drink came back under control.

The effects last, but not as long as you might think, so don't worry Jen hug I still have a propensity for getting off my face, but now I can keep it to a more appropriate level/time/place.

What utter B*****ks! it's only cos I can't recover from partying hard as quickly as I used too! ubblolubblol (but note I didn't say I couldn't party as hard wink )

Hey ho - age has some benefits I guess biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

Page: