Page:
SeventyMilesBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
this forum is made to list all the reasons not to drink alcohol PERIOD! any contributions will be happily accepted smile

"A beautiful day. When it ends nothing remains the way it was..."

19 posts

Posted:
one reason I have:

once you are drunk, you can not instantly go sober. if some spontaneous important situation comes up while you are drunk, you will not be able to take care of it and the result may be hazardous.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
1) it's a poison
2) girls ALWAYS end up in tears after a few sherberts ubblol

3) go into ANY town or city center at closing time for the clubs (take some popcorn and a chair as it's fun to watch)

er......................yea sorry i like to drink now and then so............er........ beerchug

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
you remember stuff your friends don't wink

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
it can hurt in the morning

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Your friends remember things YOU don't

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Nobody likes the taste of regergitated voka

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
'bad' drunks and fights in town every friday night

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Cos if you're drunk you can't spin fire...

well... and survive anyway. tongue

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
It makes you fat frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
(vodka has no calories)
because some people are just mean drunks and hurt people with what they say

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Actually - Calories in a shot (25ml) of Vodka: 55 source. (Irish shots are bigger (35ml), so here it's 77kcal per shot).

One in four (25%) of those attending hospital A & E (Casualty) departments in Ireland have an alcohol-related injury/illness. source

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
alcohol makes people wear toast....

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
ah but what about hungry enough to eat that toast??

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
if you cant enjoy yourself sober, and you gotta get yourself out of your mind to enjoy yourself then something is wrong... time to start rethinking stuff..

19 posts

Posted:
also... you may be a role model for someone. if you drink and that person follows your actions, then he/she may not be responsible with drinking and a crisis could happen.

or...

the person follows you and drinks, and then someone copies that person and drinks, and then someone copies that person and drinks, and a viscious cycle happens and everyone in the world gets drunk and everyone kills each other!!!

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Should have picked a better role-model. ubblol

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
"vodka has no calories" ubblol ubblol ubblol rolleyes umm

Alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
it makes you fat and stupid and you feel horrible the next day

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: McAlpine

Should have picked a better role-model. ubblol

i dread to think if anyone has ever seen me as a role model ubblol the ammount of abuse i dish out to my body now and then biggrin this summer is going to be sweeeeeet bounce

winter to recover wink

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Alcohol tastes yucky, thats why I don't drink it frown

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
 Written by: SeventyMiles

also... you may be a role model for someone. if you drink and that person follows your actions, then he/she may not be responsible with drinking and a crisis could happen.

or...

the person follows you and drinks, and then someone copies that person and drinks, and then someone copies that person and drinks, and a viscious cycle happens and everyone in the world gets drunk and everyone kills each other!!!

get me to the Nunnery for I am a sinner.. wink

For goodness sakes ubblol- that is a bit strong isn't it? what ever happened to free will... confused

If your role modle jumped of a cliff would you do the same? I find your statement a little apocalictic and sensationalist, people do have a choice ya know, not everyone who drinks is going to be an alcohlic murderer.. *if* you are being sarcatic then I would apologise to you.. hug

I guess you got your reasons to be so anti alcohol, care to share so I can understand your statement?
EDITED_BY: _Stix_ (1180527878)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

7,193 posts

Posted:
beware, one day the world will be run by people like this ubblol constantly telling you off like some overbearing mother.............................wait..........it is already like that ubblol

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
you may wake up next to someone/thing you didn't want to

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
It dulls your reflexes and thinking ability.

Also, a personal reason, I can't lie, bend the truth, avoid questions or many of my usual tricks after drinking, and some people have taken advantage of that in the past frown

Kupo!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
reasons to drink: it hurts less.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ppl don't talk your alnguage anymore, if you (or them) have had "enough" of it

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
bah, my Romanian and my Japanese both get better after a few drinks! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
You might not be able to stop drinking, ever, in which case it's probably a matter of time before it kills you.

A couple of months back I had a bit of a wierd experience that put me off drinking big time. I was getting into my car outside my house and I saw these two women pacing near one of the flats looking really worried. I heard one of them say to the other 'I think he's dead'. I nearly drove off, but curiousity got the better of me and they really did look distressed, so I went over and asked what was wrong.

One of the women told me her husband was lying face down inside the flat and she thought he was dead. She showed me which flat, but she was too frightened to look through the window again. I got her to call an ambulance straight away and had a look through the window.

There was this large guy, looked to be in his late 30's/early 40's, led there on his front. There were bowls of bile and vomit on the floor near him. He wasn't moving or responding when I called to him so I got the woman to force the window open a bit wider so I could climb through.

He was just led there, his feet, lips and hands were starting to look discoloured. I kept talking to him, shook his back gently, then I had to check and see if I could feel his breath or his pulse. He had vomit all round his mouth. I couldn't find any signs of life and his arm was starting to go a bit stiff, so I crawled back through the window and told the woman I thought he was dead. We waited for the ambulance, and they confirmed he'd had a ruptured stomach lining causing internal bleeding, caused by excessive alcohol consumption.

One of the women was his wife, who didn't live with him. She said she had spoken with him literally two hours ago and he'd promised her he was going to stop drinking. He had two small children in the car waiting to see him. One of them said angrily 'Well I'm glad he's dead!'.

It hasn't put me off drinking entirely, but it really made me think about the mess some people must leave behind when they abuse alcohol. I know a couple of alcoholics, I'm friends with one, it worries me to think this is what the future might hold for them if they don't get help with their dependency.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
ubblol
A few things I have to say in the defense of alcohol...

Alcohol has been the main part of my career for 10 years now, and if there is one thing I have noticed it is that a person you cannot trust drunk is a person you cannot trust sober either. A violent drunk is usually just plain violent anyway.
Surprisingly often I here a person say they are going out to get lashed and get into a fight; the intention to harm was already there before the booze.

I've probably got loads more to say; I am a huge advocate of the world of wine and whisky, but this post would be huge!...

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
By the way.. I laughed at RDs post... Not yours Tea Fairy!
That would be tasteless!

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

Page: