• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Total posts: 1
Posted:Its raining outside. I love rain, but I was planning on doing fire poi tonight. Is it possible to do fire poi in the rain without damaging my wicks or anything? If so, I think this could make for some good shots!

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
Total posts: 1965
Posted:It is possible to spin in the rain but the long and short of it is that you will decrease the life of your wicks.

If you can live with that then go hard and have fun but remember to fuel your toys once you have finished to help preserve them.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3749
Posted:yeah, if yopu keep them fully fueled it should drive the water out.

I once put some fuled poi into a bucket of water in preperation for taking them on a plane.

got to the other side, put a light to them as an experiment and they burned for the next 10 mins! eek

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Total posts: 248
Posted:yes, we did a full show on saturday night including snakes, staff,and wirewool in the rain and no problems smile just dont leave them lying in the rain obviously smile

HOP librarian
Total posts: 1841
Posted:I did it with steve.

master of disaster
Total posts: 3354
Posted:there was a monster electrical storm last night. needless to say we spun all night through it

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Invader Xan
Invader Xan

Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
Total posts: 479
Posted: Written by: fNi

there was a monster electrical storm last night. needless to say we spun all night through it

Man, that would make for a killer vid! biggrin

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

Total posts: 663
Posted:the water should evaporate before it actually hits the wicks so it shouldn't do to much to the wicks, although I would air on the side of caution when it comes to fire kit.

Unless you soak the wicks in water (or leave them out in the back garden for a few weeks, oops) it shouldn't hurt them too much although I have spun in snow (which looked cool) so I might not be the best person to ask... tongue

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't