Forums > Help! > viewing the board woes

Login/Join to Participate

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
ok, so a couple days ago i jump on my pc and click on the forum shortcut to HoP i have embedded at the top of my browser, and when it opens only the technical/moves and international boards are visible. so i pm george to ask if somethings going on, and he tells me its working fine, and since its been a whole day and nobody else has mentioned it i guess it must just be me. i have no idea whats going on or how to fix it and its REALLY annoying because it means i have to search for a topic i know is in either social chat or social discussion for me to view those parts of the boards.

here is what i'm seeing
Non-Https Image Link

can anyone tell me whats going on and how to fix it?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
removed by hips fw?

firewall?

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
What happens if you view [Old link]
??
I see you're using Firefox, so it shouldn't be that (it's what we use at work and I use at home).

I can't see a firewall selectively filtering like that Nx, and I have no idea why one category would be totally stripped off like that.

Yeah "HIPS FW" is a new one on me. FW sometimes means "Firmware" as in EPROM code. I'm guessing it doesn't mean that either though. My best guess is it's either a program you have running on your PC, or your server or at your ISP.

If you still have the problem this time tomorrow night, PM or e-mail me so I remember to check with the site guru on Monday.

George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Mr M: How can you still post in this "Help" forum, if it is part of the "Social"? And who's that hottie called "Amanda"? wink

Nothing much useful to add shrug hope you'll find the answer hug

[edited]

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
its actually gotten worse since i started this, now all i can do is sign in to my HoPpage and as soon as i move to a different part of the site i sign out again frown. all this is compounded by having no internets at home cause Telstra is being batty, so i cant even try to do something about it.

its weird not being on HoP every day... but i'll fix it eventually smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley