Forums > Social Chat > Plz help me...nitemare tryin to find leagal stuff to fire perform

Login/Join to Participate

BlazeCircusBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi all plz could anyone help me in what legal documents i need to fire perform at festivals...i know i need pli but do i also need a street performers licience and were do i get it..my council dosnt have a clue

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
in victoria, it depends on where intend to perform: street/roving/outdoors, indoor/stage. depending on your operating policy this affects your insurance cover. you may require crowd control / a spotter.

also, certain shires have limits on how many street performers can work where and at what times.

it is embarassing that you had to ask around on the interwebs - it is the relevant council's responsiblity to keep you informed.
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KittyKillenthusiast
365 posts

Posted:
depends where you are for me I had to go to a fire marshal(sorry if spelled wroung) and they let me know what I need and where I get it

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

BlazeCircusBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
i guess it depends on area then...pli a must...and fire Marshall control when available....when not a risk assessment and a spotter must be used...thx all

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that's cool, Blaze. also, you might wanna reply on the 'reply' button on the top-right of the post you wish to reply to.
clicking new topic may confuse others and prevent important contributions on your original discussion topic - which by the way is here:
[Old link]

also, arranging your own fire tech for a show brings professionalism to a gig and can justify alot more money.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BlazeCircusBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
kk thx friend

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've merged these 2 threads. Please keep an eye on that reply/new thread mix up!

And I'll say it publicly as so many people forget that this is the world wide web, so when asking questions it's best to be as clear as possible about what you're asking and give your location if relevant!! Otherwise you'll get some very useful advice in case you ever immigrate.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BlazeCircus

kk thx friend

Welcome to HoP Blaze! Good to know you are following up on the legal side of things, it's important if you want to do things in public eh.

You will find people try to help with new questions here, but one thing that is good to know is that HoP has been going for a long time and often the answers to questions are already here somewhere. There is a *search* link (blue writing in between Main Index and My Home up above the threads. (NOT the Google search right at the top)

I just did a quick search for *regulations* and found [Old link]. (click on the blue word *these* and it will take you to a list) Hope that helps smile

Another way to find local information is to go to the Meet Others section and find a group in your area/state/country. They might have researched it already so if you ask in that thread you might get very accurate information.

(Also, another HoPpy sort of thing... following from what Dom said, a lot of people on this site don't speak English as a first language, so we usually don't use shorthand like thx and kk. Keeps it clear for everyone then.

Cheers!

Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BlazeCircusBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
thank you for your help...it is appreciated.