Forums > Social Chat > Another rant, unfortunately...

Login/Join to Participate

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:OK I've got to write this fast before I collect Rufus from nursery, but...

DRIVING INSTRUCTORS

#1 took calls on her mobile while driving and without a hands free.

#2 didn't return my calls for more lessons for weeks, until I had a text to say he was no longer an instructor.

#3 I didn't even learn under before I had a letter to say he was also no longer an instructor.

#4 I had a lesson with today. Was at a junction waiting for the green light for my (left) lane when I was told to look at the right lane lights because mine would go green afterwards. Having been distracted, I obviously didn't see my green light in time. That would have been ok... if my instructor hadn't used the dual controls to accelerate and turn the car left so I wasn't in control when she was instructing me: consequently we nearly crashed. I was in no fit state to drive after that. Surely looking at the other lanes' lights won't necessarily always give you an easy indicator of when yours are going to turn green?
Just needed to get it off my chest!

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete Topic

Nathdaninja

Total posts: 271
Posted:
I have to say, some of the worse drivers I've seen on the road are bloody instructors.
Luckily me being the naturally talented bloke I am I only needed two lessons and passed first time

You know, you could always try complaining. People say English people moan a lot..which is true, but never to the right people. Either that or don't pay them

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Well I'm having today's lessons and the remaining ones refunded, but no compensation for the rest of the time wasting

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Nathdaninja

Total posts: 271
Posted:Booo!
You didn't want a car anyway...get a motorbike..sex on wheels ggrrrrroooaaarrr!

Hello btw, read your intro but didn't post as I've been far too busy

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Delete

Thistle

Thistle

old hand

Total posts: 950
Posted:Spanner in sympathy of crap driving instructors. It is bad but worth persevering. Anyone friends of yours who passed their test who could reccommend one?

I had one driving instructor who told me I would never pass my test because of my personality. I thought, well at least I've got one! He also used to teach me something one week and the tell me off for it the next.

After several other (crap) instructors I booked my test. I had my own car and used to drive everywhere. With only 3 weeks to iron out my bad habits a new instructor took me out on a 70mph road and said lets see what you can do, he was great and never used the dual controls once. Needless to say I passed first time

Good luck!

Are we nearly there yet?

Delete

ElectricBlue
GOLD Member since Feb 2002

ElectricBlue

Now with extra strawberries

Total posts: 810
Posted:oh that suck big time.
one good thing about living in canberra is that all driving instructors are checked up on by the govonment regulaly i think it should be like that every where.

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Delete