Forums > Social Chat > The last nice thing you did?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Well I've been reading the bad partner thread and I really wanted to let folk know that even though men are not very nice a lot of the time (women can be just as bad in our defence) that some people still do nice extravagant and crazy things for strangers and for people they love.

Hopefully people can just post on here to reassure a bit of faith in us all that we still do nice things for each other and humanity isn't all that bad. On the other hand I might be wrong an we may all be screwed.

To start it all off then the other day I helped some woman who was struggling with her bags off the train. Then as it turned out she was getting the same connecting train as me I carried her bags from one platform to the next, then all the way back when they changed the platform our train was coming to. I didn't find this girl attractive, I had no reason to help her. I just wanted help cus sometimes i can be nice like that. I will probably never ever see her again, but for a little while she I was stranger who was just a nice guy.

So, done anything nice recently? ubbrollsmile

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i try to use up all my nicness while on the road, giving people a spot to merge, not speeding up to cut someone off so i can make a turn all that good stuff, i figure the more i do those things the safer driving would be

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Yep me did!

Saturday I packed the groceries for this lady and her two babies and today Melva and I brought in everything for rootbeer floats.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
I always give my daysaver to the next person getting on the bus when i know its the last time im going to use it, does that count?

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i payed for the guy in fronts shopping.... only bowt 2 pound and i did used to work with him but hey?

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mowed grass around derelict church, along path and back, and such like

wow aren't we brilliant, so kind and helpful, we are just so great ^_^

197 posts

Posted:
Cool. Twiggy love the bus thing. I'd be made up if somebody did that to me! biggrin

Gidg packing groceries is pretty nice too.

The word nice is really ubder rated. People think that any body "nice" is mediocre or wierd or just after something but all the little nice things we do can really brighten somebody else day. I know if I'm having a really bad ay then just a stranger smiling at me (in a non stalkerish way) is usually enough to cheer me up a little. sunny

Kepp the nice stuff coming. grouphug

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Picked up 3 sacks of bottles and cans after a party I went to the Saturday before last. I also DJed most of the night and following morning, so I ended up walking home around 2 in the afternoon.

Yes it was over a week ago, but I slept solidly for a few days after (being totally sober only gets you so far), and been in bed with a really nasty cold for the last week.

I'll have to do something nice pretty soon, to make up for all the links I've been posting biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Made balloon sculptures for the kiddies in hospital while there with my son...He's all better and we ended up helping some others to smile...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Stopped in the rain, knocked on sum random guys house and told him his lights were still on...

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Is it really bad that I cant remember? redface

I've been keeping to myself the past few days as am moving house tomorrow and am caught up in the throngs of my final major project for my dimploma, and I'm not a very nice person when Im stressed.
So just stay away from people.

Today I'll make an effort to do something nice.
Somebody might do something nice for me and cheer me up smile

ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
This is not the last nice thing I did, but definately one that made me feel good about myself.

On my way to work there's a guy who sells newspapers and eveytime I see him I give him one of my smokes. In December before I went on leave I bought him a whole carton of smokes and gave it to him. He was so happy he gave me a hug. I really felt good because I gave.

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I trusted my boyfriend to make his own healthy decisions...didn't work out too well but I did it

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I recued a small spider from ym bath this morning!

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I rescued a small spider from ym bath this morning!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Zenooph

This is not the last nice thing I did, but definately one that made me feel good about myself.

On my way to work there's a guy who sells newspapers and eveytime I see him I give him one of my smokes. In December before I went on leave I bought him a whole carton of smokes and gave it to him. He was so happy he gave me a hug. I really felt good because I gave.

simmilar thig happened to me........i was waiting at the train stationfor my train home after a heavy weekend and this bloke came up, can of special brew in hand and asked me for a smoke....so i let him roll one from my pouch of tobacco and we got chatting about stuff then he offered me a 50gram pouch of tobacco as a thank you biggrin

sometimes it pays to be nice wink

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, my friend Heather and I peddled our kisses for International care and relief last week. We had to kiss some very sweaty people, and a few went for toungue and a bit of a grope, but all in all it was fun. We rased quite a bit of money for the charity too biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
The last sort-of-nice thing I did was yesterday. It was sodding down with rain, really chucking it down. I was at college and we were all in the arts block, upstairs where it was all nice and warm - I had managed to avoid all the rain. smile

There's a huge wall-sized collection of windows which allow you to see outside, and there in the rain was a poor girl struggling to carry a heap of art stuff into the building – props, materials, the lot. She dropped it all in the many puddles; no one really seemed to care, and a few people just watched from the otherside of the window laughing – though she didn’t notice.

I trotted out of the warmth and into the downpour to help her pick it all up and carry it inside. I was drenched afterwards head-to-toe, and my baseball boots squelched for the next few hours. But I was just glad that someone helped her. tongue

We played a strange self-invented game of frisbee, football, and cricket later in the rain; so everyone else got soaked too. ubblol

Today someone gave me a train ticket into town for free; which was dandy. : )

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I did that once. I was going to summerfest (summerfest.com for our awesome lineup this year) and I was grubbing through my purse for money and someone gave me a pass, and when I was leaving I did the same for someone else, I still feel good about it 2yrs later smile

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

197 posts

Posted:
Moka, I hope you ment on his car and your not nocking on peoples houses to tell them the living room lights on or anything. W8t, I don't think voting for someone you think would be a bed political leader is nice really. Not unless you tell him your doing it cus you want to help him out of the kindness of your heart, even then how will all the other folk feel if you don't vote for them too?

Blu, peddalin kisses sounds ace. When are you opening your stall again?bounce2

Today I stopped in the rain to help a guy change his bike tyre, he literraly had a blow out right in front of me cus some idiot had left glass on the cycle path. Yesterday I didn't do anything nice, I stayed at home and drank innocent smoothiesangel2. They're awesome.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
2 weeks ago I gave a brand new set of poi to a girl I'd never met before... she was the assistant in my tattooists shop... he did my tattoo for free and I gave him £20 for beer smile so all worked out a treat!.

Yesterday I bought lunch for my workmate, he in return bought today's.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
every time i go to work i go out and give the big issue guy outside the shop a cup of coffee (he has FOUR sugars eek FOUR!) but i can tell he really appreciates it and i buy a big issue off him too smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i gave my guitar to my brother-in-law yesterday. he said he wanted to learn and i had a guitar i don't really play anymore. problem solved!

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
I adopted a dog from the local spca. He thought it was great

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

Is it really bad that I cant remember? redface

I've been keeping to myself the past few days as am moving house tomorrow and am caught up in the throngs of my final major project for my dimploma, and I'm not a very nice person when Im stressed.
So just stay away from people.

Today I'll make an effort to do something nice.
Somebody might do something nice for me and cheer me up smile

Sweetie, you're always nice so that's why you can't remember ubblove Good luck with the move and diploma hug

I offered Firenix a place to stay when he's on a 1 night stopover in Manchester - never met him but he's a HoPper and that's what we do biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

197 posts

Posted:
Yay for adopting the dog!

Purple, FOUR sugars? FOUR?!

Yesterday I worked on the door for the juggling society and helped them raise money, as a bonus one of the girls there kept flashing me her boobs!

Today my nice act was not being rud to the really rude impatient shop lady in fancy dress shop.

Also I brought my mate a drink cus he's broke. beerchug bounce bounce2 bounce grouphug

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
Raised $300 for Leukemia research by shaving my head.
Raised $350 for Oxfam Australia.
Raised enough money for pay for 7 orphaned children to each regular meals and attend school.
Paid for a friends mothers day present because she was broke (all $70 of it!)
Told someone to back off a kid they were picking on at school.
Carried some stuff for a guy on crutches.
Gave a goldfish to a busker! biggrin

There are not enough nice people in this world. And I must admit I do slip up.. So I try to do something nice regularly.. Whether it's something major or something small.. It brightens up someones day and brightens up my own. smile

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I moved 50tons of wood chip this weekend!
*god I ache*

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
i (almost) gave my boyfriend a goldfiish because he's lonely... i'm going over there later today to surprise him, he just moved to southport and i'm in cardiff, and he hasn't met many people yet. but, i have a goldfish looking at me on my desk at the moment, and hopefully we will both survive the long long train journey this afternoon!

lizavetanewbie
21 posts

Posted:
got thrashed in poker frown

damn thats an ugly baby

twinksmember
9 posts

Posted:
yesterday -random smiles at random strangers..just cos i was feeling happy.....

Page: