Forums > Help! > Buying poi in manchester

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley juggle The name speaks for itself, since im not from here, but do find myself in the center from time to time, and I am fidning myself here now today. If backwards ol' (roysten vasey) preston has a shop selling them, im sure the wonderfull metropolis of manchester has somewhere. juggle weavesmiley

Ooops, forgot to add the final part of the post. Can anyone give any directions, or pointers?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Here are some pointers!

tongue

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
What sort of Poi do you want?
I am coming to Manchester (look on Manchester thread) and sell all kinds of Sock, tail, Fire Poi and snakes - and indeed all other kinds of spining and juggling equipment
Give me a PM with what you want - and I can beat any price in shops

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh thats good of you to mention firenix, but I am up in manchester quite far between visits, probably not nearly enougfh for your traveling schedule.

Allthough to answer your question, any poi will do. Ive got all sorts of different types and I dont really prefer one kind over another, you do the same thing with most of them in the end...but I am a firm beleiver in tails smile

Joe likes tail very much wink

Look Edward a no tail! Tubs thats a tail! Is it? You cant tell these days...

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Joe - Manchester is crap. There's no-where that sells decent juggling / manipulation stuff.

For future reference - There's a place in Afflecks (Sp?) that sells some stuff. Last time I was there they had a few tails.

As of September we'll all be able to get stuff directly from Tony smile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Afflecks?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
wow! Even I know where Afflecks palace is! Its on Oldham Road, just off from Picadilly Gardens.

And, yes, I've been so busy latley, and not had time for juggling related malarky, that it hadn't actually occured to me that there was no shop.

But now you mention it - thats really strange! You would have thought there'd be at least somewhere!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
You can buy poi from Extreem Largeness on the 2nd floor of Aflecs Palace, corner of Oldham St and Dale/Church St. Do Not buy poi from here. The tail poi are poorly made, and unevenly weighted. The tails fray fairly quickly. The fire poi are made with poor qualit, low grade kevlar and should be avoided at all costs for safety reasons.

There is also Cyberdog on Oldam St. They sell quite good UV tail poi, but are rather overpriced for what they are.

I believe you can now also buy poi from the Home Design store on Church St (a sort distance up from the arndale centre). These have the same flaws as the ones from extreem largeness and should also be avoided.

You can buy poi from here, they are very good quality.

From Fire Toys, they have quite an extensive range of circus related toys.

From OddBalls, who also have an extensive range of circus related toys.

Alternitavely you can always make your own sock poi or just wait until september when Tone opens his circus stall smile
EDITED_BY: steaks (1180323563)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
OOOOOOh yes Afflecks I know that now, ive had it pointed out to me but ive just never been. OH dear, poi in manchester not good then, I suppose at least we have dicovoured a gap in the market hehe

OMG your avatar is delicious pricklyleaf!

Electric_VooDoonewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Alright my name is karim, I am 19 and live in manchester, I am thinking about opening a shop in affleck's palace selling a wide range of Poi Staffs and all other types of fire art equipment. I am now trying to find out what kind of products people would like to see in our shop and how many people would use our shop? Hope to hear from you all soon cheers

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
hey there the key will be to supply quality products cos most of the places in manc dont have a clue and sell ya whack stuff. But a good variety as well like socks n flags, practice staffs etc. i hope you do it would be brill smile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
If you can make stuff out of recycled materials that'd help.

Like inner tubes for devil sticks and staff coverings?

if you need any give me a shout as I work in a unicycle sorry bike shop!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Electric_VooDoonewbie
3 posts

Posted:
yeah nice one just waiting for the grant to come though. whats your email or your phone number? gotta dash cheers