Page:
awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
https://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

There are no words for it.. just play it and see.

You can submit your score to a group called HoP to see how you rate on the hopper scoreboard.

Sooooo addictive!

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
You two have got to find something better to do with your time! wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Mascot: Those people who get 8100 are scary! youtube the desktop tower defense 8100 run.. it's impossible to play like that! ubbcrying

Rob: Tops on hard now eh? eek!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
i finished normal. my life is now complete.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Congrats!

JAMMesnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
well if i am to tired to do poi ( dare i say it )
www.teagames.com

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
1.5 came out today (next step from 1.21).. so disappointed you can't imagine. I posted in the forum there too, and it went a bit like this:

Written by: Ry

I'll try to compose myself for this post, but the fact of the matter is I am really disappointed with 1.5. This version is what I imagine the game would look like before things get cleaned up and streamlined to look like 1.21. The interface is confusing, and you really have to pause and look around and *think* to understand things.

With the old version, what I think drew people in was the fact it was easy to pick up- I never hesitated to forward the game on to new friends (and furthermore never stopped to ponder if they were the computer game playing sort). It seemed a bit more timeless and a bit unassuming. 1.5 though, in trying to be more complex and offering more options, ironically, just looks like a primitive or watered down Warcraft TD.

Just one point of view, but it looks like this new version caters more to the seasoned, advanced players who've been playing dtd for a while now and are bored because they've perfected mazes and methods to achieve near unbeatable high scores- now having more variables to contemplate and new things to do. It's pretty much an entirely new game. I figure this is somewhat at the expense of the segment of the market which keeps the game alive- new players who aren't gamers, but perhaps groups of mates, school kids, office workers just looking to have a bit of fun.

I still think a lot of people are going to click on 1.5, but I'm pretty sure it'll have less stayers, and a higher proportion of people who are going to give it one look and feel too tired to sit down for 3 minutes to figure it out. Not to mention the people going to give it a go til the (K)'s come out and go 'this is rubbish'. Then move on to play Fancy Pants Adventures or 4-second Frenzy or something a bit more mindless or stress relieving (which, til this point I haven't even considered playing cos I got my fix from 1.21).

I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it, and I'm pretty much in awe of the talent that went to creating a good thing, but 'reinventing the wheel' does come to mind.

Cheers.

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
https://www.kongregate.com/games/preecep/desktop-tower-defense-1-5

NEW VERSION!!!

"Quote coming soon..."

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
But even better,

OLD VERSION!!!

https://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/DesktopTD121b.swf

biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I'm glad they still have the old version up...I hate the new one

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
mm.. agree! They only just put that feature up methinks.. 1.20 too.. never played that one. Don't know what happened to our original HoP scoreboard.. is it still there?

Page: