Forums > Meet Others > anyone live near brisbane in australia

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
mystery_blackSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone lived in brisbane in australia confused

Me and some of my mates have only just started fire twirling a few weeks ago. We have a street performance coming up in two weeks.

I mostly use the fire staff but i am learning how to use the poi's to.

If anyone lives near Rochedale south in brisbane email me sometime and give me some ideas for my performance or if you know any tricks please don't hesitate to email me

from megz biggrin weavesmiley

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hi! wave

there's lots of brissie spinners!!! biggrin

check out the events section & you'll find a thread for juggle jam (every monday at south bank) & i think there's one for the west end fire meet (every thursday i think)!! biggrin

come down to south bank on monday & there will most likely be a bunch of people there to share some spinnyness with you!! smile

bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Megz, good to know you're inspired! As Gita says: there are lots of Brisbane spinners, and we are a friendly lot.

But, if you started twirling a few weeks ago and have a performance coming up: I really do have to ask some unfriendly sounding questions!

Do you have insurance? Do you know about safety spotting and equipment? ARE you safe to yourself and others? Street performances need particular attention to safety due to unpredictabliltiy of the crowd and environment, and you need to know what you are doing if you are lighting up in public.

The best tip for your performance, apart from loads and loads of practice wink is to have people with you who know about safety and performance things. Otherwise you can bring problems to yourself and other spinners; if anything goes wrong, or it comes out looking/feeling dodgy,'firespinning' gets a bad name in general. ubbcrying

Please do get in touch: PM me with your phone number or email etc if you like. I have been around this field a long time and am happy to help you out. There are also groups and classes coming up that would be great for you.

Like [Old link] biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

44 posts

Posted:
Hey there,:D

Yeah we the street performance there aren't going to be many people anyway and it's not going to be a long show. It's just to show how far we have come so far.

We have a guy that works at the hospital and two spotters and we have the equipment we need.

Thanks for telling me about southbank and west end gita. I never knew that lol.

I will tell my mates to check it out and hopefully get alot better.

I love doing fire twirling. I use to be afraid of fire but im not anymore haha. I find it takes my mind off all my life problems and also its fun doing with the people you like to hang out with.

Well thanx for telling me those places. when i have done the performance i will try and send you the link to where the video will be.

~MEgz~ weavesmiley angel

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Pm sent smile

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
When's your show, Megz? MAybe some of us can come down and cheer you on!

44 posts

Posted:
Lol yeh that would be awesome man. you could join in to if you wanted. if you guys have msn add me okay. Shadow_chicky@hotmail.com or aol Mysterblac or yahoo Mystery_black_wolf i can give you the details then of when it is and where. You could come practice to. The only thing is i live in Rochedale south i don't know if any of you are near there ubbidea

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Replied to your pm but will add you to msn when i am next on msn smile

or add me sepiroth23 (at) hotmail dot com

Off to byron til monday now...hurrah

Enjoy your practice smile

44 posts

Posted:
hey guys, biggrin

I was wondering if you all wanted to come over on tuesday night. Tony is going to come over if he can. weavesmiley

I would love to see how good you guys are at spinning. We can practice at the end of my street. if you want to just Pm me and i will give you my addy.

~Megz~

sunpixieSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
hey there! i'm in brisbane. going spinning on thursday if you want to come.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hey we live in Browns plains if you want to play spinney goodness! hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sunpixie

hey there! i'm in brisbane. going spinning on thursday if you want to come.

Are you going to West End with the Firetricks lads? I was thinking of going there then smile

44 posts

Posted:
i wont beable to go there during the week i have work. but you guys wanna come over tomorrow night to my house and we can do some spins tomorrow.

I really want to meet new people that do fire twirling.

also if you guys want you can peform in the performance i am doing on the saturday. it will be really good if you guys can join in.

Just pm me and i will give you guys my addy and my number so you can get in contact with me
biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I want to meet up with the Firetricks people on Thursday so I won;t come over to your place.
But if you want to meet people there is a big Gooble Warming party on Saturday night that a lot of spinners will be going to.
Come up there after your show maybe smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Gabe that linked back to here for me..

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
try this one gnor!! biggrin

clicky clicky

edit: yeah right, that's a bit odd! i put up the link, then checked it & it came back to hop too! eek how bizarre!!

well, if my new edited link doesn't work, the website is www.gooblewarming.com.au

biggrin
EDITED_BY: gita (1178629947)

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i think if you dont put the https://
in the URL pop up window - it links back to the current HoP page... so you gotta make sure the entire address is there.

E.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Kewl
Dentrassi, btw is someone you could meet on Saturday, Megz wave

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yup! am helping out with the firetricks crew with a fire & glow show. you may enjoy the night moreso tho if you enjoy electronic music...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

44 posts

Posted:
yeh i would love to do that. Where abouts would it being held?

The thing is i think i am busy after my show on saturday night. You guys should really come to it. biggrin

I don't mind you guys coming to my house tonight to practice with me and some mates. I really want to try and get more people to perform in my performance on saturday night weavesmiley

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to seeing you tonight for a bit of a twirl smile

As i said, should be there around 6:30-6:40 i hope. Never been in the area so could easily get lost hahah

Would have loved to come to the performance on saturday but im part of the gooble performance so not going to be able to make it. Good luck with it though bounce

See you later

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Gabe, do you know what time you are coming on thursday? Look forward to seeing you on thursday bounce

Are you coming to gooble 6 as well?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep.n Haven't actually arranged anything yet, but me be there

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hope we see ya at Gooble6 later tonight, Megz, it's gonna be fun! You can tell us how your wee performance went.. good luck !

44 posts

Posted:
i am coming to gooble warming hehe I booked the tickets today. I will cya guys there later.

I will tell you about the performance i'm so nervous lol but i will do fine biggrin weavesmiley

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
It was cool to mmet you! You were so keen sitting there with your phones recording the Firetricks crew! See you at Juggle jam I hope...

44 posts

Posted:
Yeah Gab It was awesome. i was so glad i came and it was great meeting you. biggrin I won't beable to come this week cause i am getting 4 wisdom teeth out tomorrow so need a week to recover. frown i will try and come the week after though.

Tony and James and the others were Awesome!!! weavesmiley biggrin

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Meg! At last i remembered my user name for this !haha I am still not over last night, I havent slept at all...and i dont plan on sleeping tonight. My mum has my car and it has my stick in it *cries like the girl that i am*

Anyway, I have a friend, he just started learning few weeks ago, he learns things pretty fast. We might be able to poke his head for moves lol,

Im hungry.... Gotta go and find food lol

44 posts

Posted:
yo ani, biggrin

lol long time no speak haha.
Another fire twirler awesome dude. I really don't want to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrw. It means i cant practice for a week *cries* so not fare. frown

Tony you are so teaching me poi's. same with james lol. as i said i will try my hardest to come to the lessons on monday. biggrin

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I can't beleive this! I dont have money on my phone again!! Its gaybar. Dont worry about your wisdom teeth. You get to spend a whole week in bed being a bum! *envys*

I tried doing the new move Luke taught me at work yesturday. I nearly hit my mate on the head and nearly smacked the computer of the desk lol. I will try and top up my phone before I head out to work so I can give you a text and see how you are chicky!

(i hate typos) ubbloco
EDITED_BY: Rexxy (1179096488)

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Was good to see you guys there on sat, sorry didnt get to hang out much was out the back a fair bit.

I think i got to introduce you to most of the hop people lurking around so hopefully you were able to put some names to faces bounce

Was a good night overall, good luck with the wisdom teeth smile

Page: