Forums > Videos > looking for poi footage for VJ set for glastonbury

Login/Join to Participate

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Hi all, long time no see for those that might remember me. Unfortunately cant spin any more due to back problems (gutted!). Used to hang around this site loads but just makes me a little sad now frown
Anyway..have a new hobby/job.. Hence.. I am looking for people willing to allow use of some good quality spinning footage for my VJ set in the rabbit hole tent at glastonbury festival this summer. No money I'm afraid.. but maybe a little glory on the big screen! If anyone is interested that would be fantastic - dont want to go ripping footage without permssion from you lot in case you burn down my tent at night....

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

loonSILVER Member
46 posts

Posted:
smilecool,
i have nearly the same project ...

sound and light for all

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Really? Cool. Tell me more?
Looks like no-one is into the idea of sharing their footage anyway.. Not to worry - i'll get JUGGLERS instead wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dude, you're in the videos section already... where else do we need to point you?

Have a look around, see what you can find.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'd contact Matt on Spherculism- some of the Spherculism DVD video tracks were intended for exactly that purpose smile

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
'Dude'. Think you misunderstand me. I'm asking PERMISSION to use the videos on here. I.e. im not just going to rip off other peoples footage and show it on a huge screen at a huge festival without them knowing about it.. get it?

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Mr Chutney - great idea, i'll do that. Also yesterday Meenik has agreed to let me show 'when circles dream' so far which is fantastic!! His film is beautiful... smile

loonSILVER Member
46 posts

Posted:
i think the vjing is the nest step for my individual research of new visual possibility,
after the fire dancing
and the "little" pyrotechnic effect

but the big problem is the logistic an knowlegd about ...
just beginning arkaos and resolume,
and i continue to search a right version of premiere,
so this will make some time, for show the result to all ...
but i'm not hurry,

my project is to capture and resend the live great performance, then evryone could see the 2 vision,
the energy of the fire dancer and
the screen ,
who offer all the possibility of emotion,
like the sound,
the vj is no start and no end,

if u'r idea is to pass some vid on :
u can use those :
https://video.google.fr/videosearch?q=fireurbankaos

even this is older now ...

if we can see a vid of our set, after the events, this will be great ..
thx smile

sound and light for all

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
hey Loon. Great that youre starting out VJing too. A whole new world of fun to have...!
By the way, note me if you want help with software - i would recommend sony vegas instead of premiere. I use resolume, after effects, flash, photoshop and vegas, so if you need help give me a shout. thanks for the links to the vids by the way, but i would really like to have permission from the artists involved. I thought people from here might be interested to have their skills showcased...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ooops... that's what I get for not reading the first post properly... redface

I don't think that many people check this forum very often. And those that do, only read certain threads. frown

Maybe if you were to ask in another forum, or over on tribe.net, you might get a better response?

Many people are under the idea that web video = anyone can watch it anyway. nice one for asking permission. i hope more people read this thread soon.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.