Forums > Technical Discussion > The Ghetto Toys You have made?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
hippieofvenusSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering the poorest cheapest and most ghetto toy you have ever made was

for me it was a welding rod with gauze pad wrapped around it then wire around that for keeping it on......I used it for fire breathing

MuckySILVER Member
Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
227 posts

Posted:
*Looks at prop bag*

Hmmm.... Do we start with the curtain chain threaded through superballs with holes drilled in and dog leashes for handles? Or would the dowel with Nerf footballs on the end be better? I have a set of juggling clubs made from dowel cutoffs and soda bottles (and tennis balls as suggested by the Green Clubs instructions)... Devil sticks made from dowels and grip tape. With tennis balls. In fact living near a tennis court has its advantages!

My *most* ghetto, I think, was when I was doing fencing, I made all my gear bags out of old pants... A pant leg is the perfect size and shape for a sword! Not to mention cargo pants have that nifty pocket for small stuff.... Still, Pant Bag v2.0 was the best, tied together with shoelaces and duct tape, and straps from an old backpack for carrying. I still have it so it worked! smile

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
my first fire sword i made looked like it came from dr frankenstiens lab. i had several lengths of steel round bar non more than 8" long, so i welded these up together in a vice then i welded on a hand guard that i salvaged from an ashtray, wraped a leather cord around the handle to form a grip, then i used lots and lots of lamp wick around the blade. the flames didnt burn for long it weighed a ton and the only way to spin it half decently was to use both hands cos it was that heavy i still have it it looks at me from the corner of my workshop wanting to be used, but i have evolved my fire sword making skills so now even a demonic samurai would want one of my blades

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I Learnt to juggle old socks rolled up.. oh and conkers biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Page: