Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
!! NOW !!

sunny 2UberOz sunny

the second Australian Uber Event....Fri 24 - Sun 26 August 2007

sunny Where?

2UberOz will be held in Brisbane, Australia.

At a large airy school rec hall that opens onto playing fields, with cosy social space at the scout hall next door. Plenty of camping/van space. 15mins from city centre, a few mins from rail, bus, shops etc.

sunny Who? What?

Teachers so far include:

**YUTA** (Tokyo poi ninja) with his partner, Asuka, a trained contemporary dancer

**Dave Knox(ious)** (FlameOz etc...)

**aBlazin' Grace Billings** (FlameOz & Beijing Circus school!)

**Kyle McLean** (www.everyoneishappy.com) with a slithery team of contact movers and groovers

**Matt 'Wibbler' Terry** (Sphercular Vision)

**madjuggling Mark Douglas** (Sydney Juggling Convention)

** Davy Sampford (Circa)

** Trickswap sessions on hoops, contact juggling, etc hosted by participants

sunny clap YAY clap sunny

As well as Uberclasses in poi, staff and other juggly toys... there will be a strong theme around movement, choreo and self expression. Lots of seriously fun group movement sessions, interactive VJing and party time so come on up/down/over/under for a wicked weekend.

sunny how much?

Prices range from

$ AUD 120

to

$ 50,000 at the door (we want you to pre reg...)

Price includes camping, workshops, fuel. Also, yummy lunches, to save you time, money and energy. biggrin

sunny Booking

PM me with your email address and I will send you a rego form directly.

More info is at the UberEvents website

See you there!

ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

taaaaaaaaaaaalk to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would but I've lost my voice!
Aaaah Rob, at least a dozen times over the amaaaaaazing weeekend I sent you big thought messages... like:
Wooooooooooooowwww!!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!! This ROCKS!!!!!!!
and stuff like that. 48 hours of YEEEEESSSS!!!!

We watched some of the footage last night: from the video booth, and the fire party and the improv workshop... I don't think I have laughed so much in years. Migod what a talented bunch of creative inspirations you all are!!!! Not to mention the teachers!!

So after a slightly, um, late night last night (nodded out on the kitchen floor in the end) this morning is slightly creaky.. but I know when I get it together to go back over to the hall today, everything will be totally taken care of cos it's been like that all weekend. Brilliant crew, brilliant workshops and in the end, even brilliant weather!!

Oh and there seems to be some rumour about doing it all again next year.. Dream on!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
What an amazing weekend! Thanks Gabe and everyone else who made it possible. It was the best. smile grouphug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BrettStar

grouphug

Non-Https Image Link

dang it you kids should stay in school!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
yuta was really wondering why i was pullking that face... thats yutas head in the foreground and i was talkign to him and bender was being bender behind... hmm... does prison count as school? *drinks ginger beer*

ShionFire monkey
72 posts

Posted:
it was Absolutely amazing weekend!!

Thanks everyone!

love you Gabe!

ubblol
EDITED_BY: Shion (1188181917)

The force is strong with you

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Wow what a jam packed exciting weekend....

Got to learn all about things and not things from matt biggrin

Phenomenal contact work from Mr Om! Was great to be able to start learning the basics properly.

Yoho jam was great fun on saturday night. Can't wait for their glow devilsticks he was talking about bounce

Learning club lego was really cool on sunday, haven't had a chance to do that before so that opened some new pathways....

Yutas poi lessons...Unbelievable

Random toy sessions everywhere...fantastic

So many things i am sure i have forgotten to list, and so many i didnt get around to attending (Sunday morning yoga...eek! I swear i tried to get there!)

Thanks so much to gabe for organising it all, all the teachers for always finding the time to help and everyone for making it so so so much fun biggrin

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wow that was great smile

I did some awesome workshops and really learned a lot.

Thanks so much to Gabe for organising it - and also to the kitchen staff for the wonderful food prep / cleaning up. I'd also like to thank Gita for her unending hopper transportation efforts! yay!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
hug

Thanks to everyone that made 2uberoz what it was. I am exhausted and dreading going back to work tomorrow and returning to the day to day grind.

I'm still having a comedown from the weekend but yet at the same time amazingly happy to inspire and have been inspired.

Looking forward to the next uber! After MJC and CG of course wink

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
morning....

so, 2Uberoz has been really funny for me - it is the first time an Uberevent has happened without me, and i feel like a parent - inordinately proud that it has happened, but a little scared that it is off on its own, and ultimately happy (cause it's obviously been great), but very sad (that it doesn't need me)...

i also wish that i could have been there to meet all the people i met last time around, all the new faces, to do all the obviously amazing workshops, and to see how spinach in oz has progressed since Uber1(and maybe, just maybe to show off some new tricks wink ).

i imagine i'll be getting a report from the spectacularly wonderful gabe n dave, but i'd love to hear some slightly more indepth (than 'it was great! thanks everyone! etcetc) reports on the weekend from others smile selections of which will go on uberevents.org

looking forward to seeing all the pics, vids, news, and faces when i finally manage to get a boat out to oz again smile

smile
Rob

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
i might have to repost another comment towards the end of the week unfortunately im not really altogether, we got home around 11:30 last nigt was in bed by 12 and i was up againg by 6:30 this morning and my day then continued with maths and accounting not a good wake up call from the amasing time i had this weekend. all i can say is the teachers as well as the everyone attending has inspired me, hurt me and taught me and we shall see you all at woodford and maybe even sydney juggling convention love you all and i cant wait to see you all again.

I LOVE YOU GABE THANK YOU SO MUCH xoxo

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

6,978 posts

Posted:
thanks so much local brissy crew who helped organise us not-locals.
if it weren't for all the wonderful effort in driving, housing, feeding and washing our bellies there wouldn't have been so much time and energy to spend in collecting all that uberness!

baccory family n gita n gabe, especially!!

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Hey All.....
Thanks to all we met for your friendship...what an awesome weekend!!
Cant wait to see you all again....
Ever around Brisbane?.. Get in touch and come visit!
Its taken me 12 hrs to settle the kids down,,they have major brain overload.....
Also posted in thread 'Uber Thanks' so not going to write it all again! Way too tired for that..!
Abbie, Eddie and kids

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Just a quick plug !

Its going to be a RED FULL MOON TONIGHT !!

I think it only happens every 4 years or so...

West End Fire Fest is being held on the full moon now at Davies Park ! So if you want to catch up with people from UberOz and have a spin, check this thread out on hop.

[Old link]

Thanks heaps.

PS: UberOz rocked my world and a BIG thanks to Gabe for putting on such a great event once again !

PPS: and a big shout out to Rob !!! Thanks so much for starting such a great event and holding it all over the world. Amazing ! hug
EDITED_BY: jc_firetricks (1188248882)

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'll be in my court, twirling on my onesome but keeping everyone in mind!

Massively huge thanks to gabe, asuka, yuta, mr om, and the many other great teachers/organisers/people that showed me stuff - I think I'll be busy for the next few months working on my stalls/turns/wonky weaves/general flexibility and dancing. ubblove

Thanks also to everyone that made it damn awesome, I'll have to save up some money so I can go travelling more often hug

Kupo!

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
Jealous.

I went outside tonight and watched the red moon and thought of all the people having fun twirling up in Brissie.

Had an amazing time at 2UberOz though, so I'm not too jealous.

Pip-not-the-other-Pip (a.k.a The Not Cute Pip at 2UberOz)

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
The moon was awesome last night, we had a huge fire and we were spinning all night. It was awesome watching the kids and looking at all thier new moves combined with the confidence that they now have!. And guess what?..... They were quite impressed at some of the moves that I had learnt too!!..woohooo....
Abbie

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well thanks all of you for your thanks!

I crashed yesterday (surprise) and lost my voice and stayed in bed with a headspin and a mega sore throat.. today I'm up and at it again!

I'll be emailing you all with my thanks.. and an ask for any of you who could write few paragraphs 'review' of workshops and the event overall? That would be great!!! Mr Rob Thorburn ( the founder of the Uberevents; y'all should be thanking HIM too hug) would love to get some, and we like to document what goes on at Ubers so the series builds and as it travels around the world...

OK

CHEERS!

Gabe

6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: all_fired_up_in_oz

The moon was awesome last night, we had a huge fire and we were spinning all night. It was awesome watching the kids and looking at all thier new moves combined with the confidence that they now have!. And guess what?..... They were quite impressed at some of the moves that I had learnt too!!..woohooo....
Abbie

here's a shot i took of it abby,

Non-Https Image Link

got some lush shots of it in the gallery at https://spinferno.com/

smile

glow_monkeyDIAMOND Member
21 posts

Posted:
oh dont be harsh now pip, every one at uberoz was cute. nice meeting you. take care and see you whirling and twirling somewhewre else. cheers Glen.

keep your country's future secure, report a taroist

21 posts

Posted:
i stood in the street with adam alix and K-Krab wishing i was down in the valley with you guys. Doh.

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
lol @ K Krab..hehehe wink

Love the photo bender....I took heaps but although you could see the colour change it was a bit of a pin head size:(... Oh well! Are you going to post any more pics Bender i.e of the weekend?. I decided not to take my camera as I am always behing the camera at our family events and I seem to miss out on all the fun!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
www.byry.com.au/2uberoz

Random 2Uberoz snaps smile

ramdassBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
lovely snaps - lovely ueber
keep on going !
hug + love, shamir

jai radhe-shyam

6,978 posts

Posted:
insanely sharp shost there, ry!! thanks for sharing.
The simpleviewer interface is slick too!!

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
I really don't think you took enough. Is there anymore you can share with us Ry..... hehehehe just joking. Very nice shots. Everyone looks so super happy all the time!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
biggrin what a lovely weekend was so nice to have my brain unwind around such lovely ppl biggrin

did anyone find a white/cream coloured beanie? I seem to have lost it at some point over the weekend and would really like to get it back as it was hand spun, hand dyed and then knitted by my mum.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Hope you find it!

I think Yuta mentioned he had a website, does anyone know what the URL is?

Kupo!

6,978 posts

Posted:
https://poicommunity.com

^_^

21 posts

Posted:
truly excellant shots ry. thanks.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ry

www.byry.com.au/2uberoz

Random 2Uberoz snaps smile

Great photos! lotsa laughs ubblol
Hey Ry,
how about put a link to this site on your home page?
Kyle was looking before to see if you had one.... ubbrollsmile
Cheers
Gabe

Page: ...