orion10293

Total posts: 5
Posted:For the blue flame, is is Copper (I) Chloride, or Copper (II) Chloride?

Do the chemicals have to be reagent-level purity?

Where can I get said chemical?

Lastly, where can I get denatured alchohol?

Thanks in advance.

Orion

EDITED_BY: orion10293 (1177387555)

Daily prayer:

Dear Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people that pissed me off.

^_^

Delete Topic

DarkFyre
DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
Total posts: 1965
Posted:good questions but where do you live coz the answer may differ depending on your location

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:Well internet is always good for chemicals. You should be able to get the alcohol from your pharmastist.

Delete

JauntyJames
JauntyJames

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3533
Posted:Question the first: It shouldn't matter. They might be different shades of blue, but the heat of the flame is a more important factor.

Question the second: No, impurities aren't a big deal so long as they won't give off toxic fumes when burned

Question the third: Well, I get my chemicals from my dad, who works for the FDA. So that doesn't answer your question at all. Sorry, but I dont' really know. Some you can get from pharmacies.

Denatured alcohol can be found at most hardware stores. I've honestly never seen any at a pharmacy, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Delete

Invader Xan
Invader Xan

Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
Total posts: 479
Posted:Unfortunately, Copper (anything) Chloride gives off nasty fumes. Think about a face mask. smile

At a pharmacy, look for rubbing alcohol. Try and avoid anything containing meths. Meths is poisonous.

If you don't mind doing the age verification dance, you can buy various chemicals from a lovely place called Skylighter. It's a pyrotechnic/fireworks hobby supplier. Some things can only be shipped within the US, but others can be shipped worldwide.

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

Delete