• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Dster
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

Dster

Total posts: 57
Posted:here is my 1st fire chucks.
Tell me what you guys think .

Delete Topic

Dster

Dster

Posted:please be nice

Delete

Rellizate
GOLD Member since Feb 2007

Rellizate

old hand

Total posts: 719
Posted:Ok, here goes. You only put the fire on one end of the chucks, which kinda limits your moves. I put fire on both ends of the chucks which means you can do all the moves that you can do with nonfire chucks, with fire ones. If you only have the fire on one end, you lose the effect of wrist wraps, of aerials, of passes, and even some bounces. When you have two, but only fire on one end it gives basically the same effect of poi, so if you want that effect, you might as well learn poi. Put fire on both ends, then you can do passes and stuff, and it looks much better all the same. Double the fire: Double the light & double the coolness. Having fire on both ends also gives off a really nice effect. Say you are holding one chuck, and spinning the other one, one fire will be burning like a normal fire, and the other will be spinning. This looks fairly wacky. It also has the improvement that onwatchers can actually see what you are spinning.

Hope you read all that. biggrin

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:no my wisks are monkey's.

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:What? So what if your wicks are monkeys? :-S

Also, get my point? Search for firenunchucks on youtube, you'll see how much better it looks with two flames.

:P

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:ya i want to get a set . i have been looking . I am thinking about getting a set of snakes .

See what i want to do is do my poi then go into chucks then get out of chuks then go in to poi .

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Right cool. Well ok, if you want it to look like poi then that is your cool. DOn't bother with wrist wraps and stuff though.

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:why not

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Well, you might as well do poi if you are going to be doing poi moves. Plus it stops you from doing so much stuff, it's not really worth learning nunchucks.

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:Don't listen, learn the wraps...they are fun. It's one of three things I can sort of do...If you want to learn chucks then do it. Two wicks do look better than one. On your video, it does look poi like with it being so dark
learn chucks for fun, i would think that it would be helpful for contact poi

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted:In future, more lighting would be great smile Have been interested in acquiring or building fire nunchaku, but they're somewhat illegal where I am frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Really fire nunchaku are illegal? Where are you? In the UK all chucks are ok, but you can only transport fire & foam ones unless you have a specific reason.

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted: Written by: Rellizate

Really fire nunchaku are illegal? Where are you? In the UK all chucks are ok, but you can only transport fire & foam ones unless you have a specific reason.

Australia. At least in my state they come under the prohibited weapons act. About 6 years ago you could purchase them and sais as long as you were over 18. Now you require permits for them. swords were added to the prohibited weapons in 2004. A shame, really frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:what i am going to do is make a new one with better lights . ya i know it is hard to see ever thing i do in movie .

i just think i have the wrong wicks for what i am trying to do . I think snakes will work out better for me .

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Hmmm maybe. A better lit video would be cool. I just wrap wick around the end of my metal chucks to make my firechucks. Works like a charm.

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:chucks are illegal in wisconsin too

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:dude i think i am going to try that . How did you get it to stay on there . I would think it woudl fall off.

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:I measured the width of the chucks, then divided it by 3. Measured that distance from the end of the chucks, drilled a hole all the way through, measured that distance up again, drilled all the way through. Wrap the wicks around the pole, stick some heavy duty garding wire through the wick, through two of the four drilled holes, and out the other end. Stuck the other end back in, and through the wick, through the two holes, and out the wick, bent the wire down, and cut off the excess.

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:Thanks i am going to have to try it .

Thanks for the info .

do you have a clip of you spinning.

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXHMsATLJUY
br>
Note: The clips shown first are newer, so I'm better. Some of the firenunchuck clips are new, some are very old. One of the clips is infact my first time with fire, so excuse the crappyness.

biggrin

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:not bad yo .

Delete

Rellizate

Rellizate

old hand

Posted:Wait till my new one comes up. tongue

You only have to wait until I can get the damn windows movie maker working...

Delete

Dster

Dster

Posted:Cant wait to see it .

I am hoping to have my new one up soon .

Delete