Page:
so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
i would say my favourite quote would be
'There is no 'I' in 'team' but there is one in 'pie', as in 'meat pie' and 'meat' is an anagram of team......or something' - Shaune of the Dead

whats your? bounce bounce2 bounce

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
"If I were to send you flowers where would I... no, let me rephrase that. If I were to let you suck my tongue, would you be grateful?"

Castor Troy in Face/Off

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
"censored you. I'll live my own life in my own way if I want to." - The French waiter in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

Words to live by biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
"who said that? WHO the [censored] said that!!!! who's the slimey twinkle toes communist [censored] that just signed their own death warrant"

qoute from full metal jacket

biggrin classic

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: herr_mathematik

Hey, I was thinking about that scene on my way into work this morning!

"Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!"
-The Dude in The Big Lebowski. Pretty much the whole film is my favourite quote though.

BROTHER! hug I LOVE the Big Lebowski!

Sheriff: "We have a nice, quiet, beach community....I don't like your jerk-off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk-off behaviour, and I don't like you..... jerk-off. .... Do I make myself clear?"

The Dude: "......... I'm sorry I wasn't listening."

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Sometimes when you're young, you have moments of such happiness, you think you're living in someplace magical, like Atlantis must have been..

...then we grow up and our hearts break in two.

- Ted (Anthony Hopkins) from Hearts In Atlantis ubblove

Oh and

Carol: You're a strange person
Ted: Shh! Tell no one.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
so many biggrin but one of my favourite:

"dammit dammit dammit, how am I supposed to hit a double bogey with the shower iron billy when you keep puting me off"
(Paulie shore to a goat)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

so many biggrin but one of my favourite:

"dammit dammit dammit, how am I supposed to hit a double bogey with the shower iron billy when you keep puting me off"
(Paulie shore to a goat)

I should have known. Mine, from the same film (Bio Dome) is:

"We're thinking of you, naked, thigh deep in tofu. *squelchy noises" ubblol

Alao from the crow: "Little things used to mean so much to Shelly, I used to think they were kind of trivial. Believe me, nothing's trivial."

smile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Ah dammit, my favourite (well one of them) is more serious/thoughtful:

Yoda to Luke with his X-Wing stuck in the swamp:
"There is no Try - only Do, or Do Not."

but the French waiter - yes. smile Also from the same film:

"Just one more mouthful Mr Creasote..." ("No I don't want a censored after-dinner mint - I'm censored full")

and one never seen again but it was in a clip that appeared for quite a few minutes to be just another travelogue type thing they used to play before the main movie: the narrator says "and now its back to Venice and more of those censored gondola's!" Played before the Life of Brian (along with a great cartoon that appeared to be an animated Xmas card again for several minutes before it turned in typical Python fashion and the angels started getting shot [which is why the angel in the opening sequence gets shot but the joke is not quite as good without the preceding xmas card cartoons]).

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
"strange things are afoot at the circle K" - Ted 'Theodore' Logan in Bill and Ted

Plus my all time favourite:

"1.21 Gigawatts" - Doc Emmett Brown in Back to the Future

Gayle.....!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
oooo a better one

Falkner: "what do you two want out of life"

Bud: "to die and come back as a leotard"

Falkner: "well.. I may be able to offer you a springboard to that future..."

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
I Always liked ' I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen' from Say Anything

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'It's only an eye, God was generous to bless me with a spare...' - '300'

Impossible to think of my absolute favourite line so I'll go with a recent one (as well as being topical in like of Bender's 'This is Madess Line'

Ooh! Another one!

Magneto: 'Mr Laurio, never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in YOU...' - X2

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
'So God was creating man. And his little assistant came up to him and he said: "Hey, we've got all these bodies left, but we're right out of brains, we're right out of hearts and we're right out of vocal chords." And God said: "F*ck it! Sew 'em up anyway. Smack smiles on the faces and make them talk out of their arses." And lo, God created the Tory Party! I mean, what's He doing? He can take John Lennon. He can take those three young lads down at Ainsley Pit. He's even thinking of taking my old man. And Margaret bloody Thatcher lives! What's He sodding playing at, eh?!' ->Phil as Mr Chuckles in Brassed off.

Now for the classics...

'My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.' need i say where it's from?

and finally,

'yippee kayay motherf*cker!' John McCLANE, Die Hard - makes me laugh everytime!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
hug nice one! back to the future is awsome compulsive veiwing!

so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
ooo in saying that have JUST thought...............

'you can turn your back on a person. But you can never turn your back on a drug, especially when its wielding a hunting knife in your face'

fear and loathing......... jonny depp is the best actor EVER!!!

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
ahh Die Hard - and I hear they're making a 4th now/soon Miss Purple! bounce bounce2 bounce

and I'm a little surprised no-one yet mentioned the movie line that was added after initial filming had finished by demand of fans :

"We've got motherf***ing snakes on this motherf***ing plane" Samuel L Jackson from ...

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i'm more surprised no-one has mentioned:

'No, Luke. I'm am your father!'

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
"RUNNN! GOOO!!!! ..... GET TO DAH CHOPPAH!!!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator.

Cracks me up every time.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Quotes that have become jokes in my flat:

"Alert the Amphibious Squadron!" - 'Frankie' in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. (Makes me laugh)

"The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of... " The Aviator

"Inconceivable!"
"I don't think that means what you think it means." The Princess Bride.

"You fight like a baby! ... A dead baby!" Tongan Ninja

"You're father was eaten by a fish! A fish!" Tongan Ninja

"Weeooo" - The girl in Kung Pow. True classic dubbing.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oooh, also from Princess Bride:
"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."

ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons... but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm askin' more of you than I have before.... maybe all. Cause they WILL try again. Maybe on another planet, maybe on this very ground swept clean, a year from now, or ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make..... people...... better. But I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave."

Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity

"Well Hell-OO Mr Fancypants. I got news for ya: you're leading 2 things right now. Jack and sh*t, and Jack left town."

"This is my BOOMSTICK"

Ash- Army of Darkness

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
"Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

"I'll have what she's having"

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
"F**k me gently with a chainsaw!" - 'Heathers'

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!" - 'Donnie Darko'

Wolverine: Hey! It's Me!
Cyclops: Prove it!
Wolverine: You're a D*ck...
Cyclop: Ok...
(From 'Pride and Prejudice'. Of course...)

"It's time to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'll all out of gum..." - 'They Live'

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to the morgue!" - 'The Untouchables'

"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired...

What's my name? F**k you! THAT'S my name. You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name" - 'Glengary Glen Ross'

"Lunch is for Wimps" and "Greed is Good" - 'Wall Street'

"I aint got time to bleed" - Predator

"Mom, I want you meet some of my friends. This is BEETH-OVEN, Maxie of Arc, Herman the Kid, Bob Ghenghis Khan, So-Crates Johnson, Dennis Freud and er.. er... Abraham Lincoln..."
- 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure'

Written by: mcp

"You fight like a baby! ... A dead baby!" Tongan Ninja

Oh THAT'S where it comes from! ubblol

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired...

What's my name? F**k you! THAT'S my name. You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name" - 'Glengary Glen Ross'

Holy smoke!

I knew these as lines from a Steinski track... I didn't realise they came from a film. Is it any good?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Really good! Probably why I can never do a sales job!

and David Mamet (the writer) is always good for quotes (he wrote the one above from 'The Untouchables')!

'Lord of the Rings was just three hours of people walking, even the trees walked!' - 'Clerks 2'

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
'how did you feel when you were denied these hungry, hungry hippos' - donnie darko

and of course the whole royale with cheese thing from pulp fiction

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
"Any of you f**king pricks move, I'm gonna execute every motherf**cking last wuhnuvya!"

cool

KneelSILVER Member
journeyman
80 posts

Posted:
"Are you an offical here?...cause your oficially giving me a boner" - Blades of Glory

I couldn't stop laughing when i heard that!

-Niall-

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
"If I remove the blade in my boot from it's sheath, I cannot return it until it has spilt blood" -40 year old virgin ubblol

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
My brother and I like to run around shouting at one another:

"Infected? Infected with wot?"

(because it's not "what," it's "wot.")

But, my personal fav, and it became a motto for me for a few years, despite it's sad origins, has got to be....

"The universe provides."

... redface Tremors 3.... good times, good times.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Page: