shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i just went and light my fire staff for the first time....
im still well hyped up, i though id give it a go now so i was used to it before me and my boyfriend go down the feilds with and his fir juggling balls later ( any one in the area is welcome to join us!)\
ive been putting off lighting it since i bought it in spetember, minaly cos its been really cold outside up untill recently and i really didnt want to go outside.
but now im really happy! ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
yey nice one..

I have to say I love your Hop name.. really made me giggle the other day..

welcome to hop wave

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
haha yeah, and you can garuntee any other shocked_prawn you see is me, ive never had a "this user name is already taken" problem smile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

FireblitzSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Go Shocked Prawn Go, Yay for fire bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce devil

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
whhoop whoop! haha me and a couple of mate mates went up the feilds for some fun but my nbyofriend couldnt find hid fire juggling balls till most annoyingly as soon as we got back in

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Where's your fields?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I lit my fire staff for the first time last weekend too - put a couple of pictures in my gallery - I only know the basics (the very basics) but it was good fun and quite the thrill!!

vive la flames smile

Concentrate.GOLD Member
4 posts

Posted:
I did what DougieA did except with poi and i didn't get pictures, Then for my second fire dance I was down at Manly with a whole bunch of other people, so much fun!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
theres a fire spinning meet at manly?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Catsmiomember
37 posts

Posted:
Sweet... first burn, congrats. Shocked and same to you Dougie.. How good did it feel eh? I just buzzed my first time. Wish I had video tapped it though. frown

"Don't be so humble, you are not that great."

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
yeah its been well fun....

flash... the feilds are down in puddington... a reet treck away from chester but there no reason why people cant meet down the medows or somthing, me and my mate caz were meaning set somthing up along those lines, or maybe in burton

im only just building up the confidence to do simple contact fire staff, i tihnk im a little to aware of my capablilty to hit my self in the head to do anything more complicated.! smile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
I've not even starte don the basic contact stuff though I did get an intorduction to it at the weekend there and am keen to try out some more!

The noise and heat are quite impressive at first! I had my 2nd and 3rd burns on saturday night just past and I successfully managed to set myself alight and extinguish myself so thats another box checked!!

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
im trying to move on to more complicated contact with my practise staff... and my blue glow staff.... i tinhk its unwise to do it with fire though... cos im crap i guess

im yet to burn myself or set myself on fire... and i dont intend to either. but i guess its inetivable!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
yup its inevitable
but it can leave some cool scars

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

DougieAGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
And scorch marks on your good trousers! Knew it was a bad idea not changing before I started

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Congrats to all you new burners hughug

Wouldn't recommend Dizzy's approach tho' - you don't get to choose how big the scar's are or where they are! :ouch:

Never forget my first burn - 19th December 2004 , think you were there Pete? - and most times I light up even now, the smell and noise are enough to take me back to the anticipation edged with fear, the thrill of actually spinning with fire - like a virgin anticipating, well y' know wink ubbangel biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

AvicusGOLD Member
7 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shocked_prawn

i just went and light my fire staff for the first time....
im still well hyped up, i though id give it a go now so i was used to it before me and my boyfriend go down the feilds with and his fir juggling balls later ( any one in the area is welcome to join us!)\
ive been putting off lighting it since i bought it in spetember, minaly cos its been really cold outside up untill recently and i really didnt want to go outside.
but now im really happy! ubbrollsmile

with fire i dont know why you wouldnt want to go outside during the cold.. i'm sure not ever cold when i spin my fire poi outside even when its snowing

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i didnt want to go ourisde in the cold cos hitting my fingers with my staff when i mess up throws or whatever hurts even more when its frosty!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh I know puddington... I went to school in Neston, so I know the area... Meet up on the meadows would rock. Next weekend? We could start a proper meet for chester!

Elaine(Wild Child to the uninitiated): Yeah I was there for you losing your virginity! I made sure you didn't burn yourself!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
yeah we were planning to start a proper meet for chester.... me and my mate were in deans feild on saturday afternoon... got alot of attention from the scallies but they didnt casue any trouble
we might be able to get a few people down the meadows on saturday after work illl ring around see if anyone is interested.

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C