Forums > Social Chat > That time of the year for us students... GOOD LUCK post!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
After reading a recent post I decided to create this general post just to say:

Whatever it is; a-levels, gcse's, uni end of years/finals, baccaleureat, SATS, other exams around the world (and whatever you australian folks do)...
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS CURRENTLY COMING UP TO EXAMS!

don't stress out too much but don't be lazy either, in the end we have to prove that us upcoming spinners are all an intelligent bunch really (even if its just to ourselves and those old fogies from the oldcall post! ).

we can all have a big one after exams...
ciao boys&girls

Ben

PS better get back to revision after this brilliant idea spawned from evil hardcore procrastination.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
genius idea Bongo!
we must show them a united front!
(I'll start my essay right after i check my messages)

oh and practice a spin for a bit.

and have something to eat.

and check my messages again....

"I love deadlines. I love the whishing sound they make as they fly past."

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yes, good luck everybody! Great adams quote there Nimska

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Good Luck to yall doing test/exams for anything and everything.

I stayed up all night studying for my Animal Genetics exam.((it's 7am right now and the exam is at 8am))

After that I have to write about an 8page essay for Animal Behavior that is due Friday by noon in professors office,Algebra exam Friday morning followed by Philosophies of Life.

Then I'm done!

And then summer classes here I come!

Good Luck again to yall!

Here's a and some for good luck from me!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

JoKoPomember
84 posts

Posted:
*lol* Thankyou!!

I think I'm gonna need it...

Good luck to everyone else!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Meet me in outer space... I will hold you close if you're afraid of heights...xXxXx

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
good luck everyone, tho im sure youll all do brilliantly, eeeeeeek 6 hour a/s level art tomoz

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

rizomember
3 posts

Posted:
hiya fellow poi-ing people!
thanx for the good luck, and good luck to all u others out there to. I made the mistake of spending to much time doing to poi practice for beltain celebrations and now tomorrow at college is going to be horrible!!
good luck everyone!!
rosi x

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
shit guys! I came to my folks' for a weekend to get some peace to do some work and I've spent the whole time abusing their net conexshun and chatting to you guys!

too expleteive for words! I got one page done! one!

ARRGHHH!!

ah well + =

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hi all; just wanted to say good luck and don't worry too much. If you don't get the grades you want, generally you have to be a bit more innovative and you might end up doing something much more exciting that you could never have planned for.

Out of interest, as I'm off to Uni this year, just wondering if anybody's doing A-levels currently. If you are hoping for grades to get on to a course,

- what course and where?
- what exams are you currently taking?
- what grades do you need?
- and what will you do if you don't get them?

I am currently trying to decide between

* Oxford Brookes to do Anthropology & Philosophy
* Bristol UWE to do Sociology and Drama and
* University of Kent at Canterbury to do
Anthropology with a year abroad

Have got into all of them so it's up to me now
The other option is run away and join the circus.

Any advice welcome!!

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
shit thats scary!

ive decided on kent at canturbury
AND
UWE!!

but ivbe applied ot do something with geramn and computers...different things at different places..

ive got my german oral (oi oi!) exam on friday..really need to prepare for it..

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

so yeh...everyone..

luck has nothing to do with it.. (unless you meet a relally lucky meercat who lives you the lucky crystal of asihfsgduip cos that is dead lucky it is..)

its down to you now...no one can make you pass your exams except your self.

you can lead a horse to water but if you can get him to waterski then you've really got something..

oh..and try to stay of the intoxicants during the exam period...they only fog your mind and make you think of effervessent elephants.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I dont need luck. I need a miracle.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
me too man........me too.

flokiGOLD Member
183 posts

Posted:
i wish you all a miracle ! ... even 3 : one for learning , one for finding the answers and the last one for all the rest ...
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !! CHOOCK DII !

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Sunbeam,

Go to Bristol mate, it's the best city in England for sure.

As for me I have uni finals to deal with over the next 6 weeks, fun fun fun!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Well... I'm re-doing my second year at degree level, and passed everything so far... 2 projects to go *fingers crossed*

I really hope everyone does really well, GOOD LUCK!!.

Always remember that summer is not far off, and its something to look forward to! just think of all the spare time you will have to spin in the summer!.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Yay! everyone come to bristol...
with any luck i'll still be here next year

anyway, back to revision (aka cleaning up my room, doing the washing up, sending emails to long lost friends, doing my laundry, cycling down to the shops to get some food, getting back, and going out again cos i forgot to get a pen for my exams...)

have cleaned up my act, started going to the gym, off the alcohol/drugs and am spending a lot less money! Now its a question of actually getting down to hardcore studying!
off to try for a bit
byeee

So live it.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
noooooooooo everyone come to kent!! and then go to the kent institute of art and design (thats where i wana go)
some one put archers in my drink in my art exam, anyone ever tried to paint pissed..........

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Just went to Oxford Brookes open day and was very very impressed with the city and the uni.
U_C_o_Fur PM/E-mail me and tell me more please!

And all you people bigging-up bristol - sell it to me please; convince me 'cause otherwise I think I'm going to go there (please PM or email me anything you can think of I'd love to hear your views)

can't wait to hear from you!

and can't wait to be a student again - gotta go work tomorrow boo hoo

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
good luck to everyone i know yous will been all fine and fluffy! mwah x

between lectures at the moment sitting at the uni computer so this threads making me smile quite a lot. good idea mister king of bongo!

come to sheffield *yayy* come and play with all us up north

huge hugs and huger purple penguins *hehe*
lollix x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Woo!HCH No 2
216 posts

Posted:
Good luck people, I will attempt to pass 2nd year pharmacology for the 2nd time... If I don't get on with my essay (anyone know anything about the pharmacological treatments of Alzheimer's Dementia, or its pathologies?) I'll have to try another Uni next year!

If you get stressed, remember you're not alone.
Also remember the relaxing qualities intrinsic to poi and beer!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
1 down...too many to go..

just had german oral (shut it smallboy)...went really well thankfully...i will explain fully when i get home...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
right..now half a week on...i shall explain..

german oral went really really well....as the teacher knows im not the strongest perosn at german ever, she hose me the easiest topic, it was on "no car days in europe" nad was really good.

my presentation, whcih was on asylum seekers in germany also went really well, lots of facts put in and all the questions answered.

right..ive got general studies in 2 and a quarter hours..

time to get out of bed methinks

good luck to the rest of you!

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Yay to it going well!
good luck w the next one!
right. Back to statistics. grrr...

So live it.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
statistics?

S1 was the only maths module i passed... buggered up M1 and P1.

so that was general studies hey? quite good actually...never been that relazed before an exam in my life, and it well pretty well...finished writing 2 minutes before the end and answered all 5 questions.. they were on..(i think) MSF (a medical aid organisation), teenage pregnancies and sex education, a shool which allows smoking on the site, designer babies and the last one was a combination of all the others.

right then...whats next?

*goes off to look at timetable*
its 2 more general studies exams in exactly a weeks time

ooooh lurvely...and enitre week off (you cant really revise for general studies btw)

best of luck everyone..

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ugh, this sucks. Today is a truely crappy day. I turned in a final drawing today and damn it was a shitty drawing. I just simply did not have the time, resources, or ability to do what was needed. The course it was for was filled with grad students and I simply felt outgunned, they all know autocad and I tried to produce it by hand. My grade for that class fills me with dread, its done but I still have this horrible feeling about it. Its not like I couldn't have done better, it was just that on my list of priorities this semester that class always feel to the back of the line. I put soo much work into my studio, that class and another feel to the side of the rode.

Ugh, the other class, my take home final was crap. Completely sucked it up on the final question and the first two weren't beauties either. The midterm for that one sucked as well. Not looking forwards to grades

that and I have no money

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
UCOF... a-levels were luverly compared to this...
mind you, if you have any clue what a tukey test is or know anything about exploratory factor analysis I would be extremely grateful for some help!
then again, some of my lecturers even get confused sometimes.
ouch, i hate stats.
grrr...

jello - I hope u get a good grade. I know what its like to be outdone by everyone else in the class (take my current advanced statistics for psychology module!). It sucks, but hopefully we can both get the grades needed...
good luck mate.

So live it.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you wot?

rotflmao!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
eugh general studies......... not worth the paper its written on!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
thanks, but i think i need more than luck, like a time machine to go back in time and attend more lectures than 1 per week.

don't dis general studies, when i did alevels i went to the class for it about 3 times and got a B. True its worth bugger all, but at least now i can say I got a B at A level in *something*

Chins, i got 6 out of 150 in T1 (what stats was called a few years ago).

I'm not making myself sound very intelligent am it? I'll shut up now.....

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I can imagine the level of students taking something called "advanced statistics for psychology module" would be very high. Personally I didn't feel too far behind until this final drawings, I kept up with everything up till this point.

Page: