Forums > Social Discussion > SALAD!!! The silent evil, help a HoPer out!

Login/Join to Participate

so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
Hello! I started doing poi recently as iv always thought it looks really awesome and is a well happy and sunny extravaganza sort of past time weavesmiley sunny
love the idea of being outside and summery BUT need to diet! ***** HELP NEEDED ***** does anyone no some really helpfull dieting things and excersises THANKS xxx biggrin

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
poi ubbrollsmile

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
poi bounce

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

astar2member
37 posts

Posted:
Intestinal parasites.

so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
Iv been searching ebay 4 flesh eating illnesses. i hav been unsuccessfull ubbidea think i shall stick with the beer and roll up diet scheme

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Oh yes: drink (water), it fills the tummy, diminishes the "urge" to eat and has less calories...

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Hey Dude,

Don't know how to do a linky but check here smile
[Old link]

If you can't find it through that very long address - the thread is called Health Food and it is on the 3rd page of social discussions at the mo. People must have been in a helpful mood that day wink

Love, Peace and luck in your journey

xox

... simplify ...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Yoga wink

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
none that are legal sorry wink

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

Oh yes: drink (water), it fills the tummy, diminishes the "urge" to eat and has less calories...

^^^I'll second that!!

I think Running is great way to burn fat and tone up. It's free too (well, as soon as you some decent running shoes...which is all important)
Stretches...like yoga, tone your body. Even just doing a few muscle toning exercises each day will help!

But yeah...drink plenty of water, mostly when ppl think they're hungry, it's usually thirst!! And eat your greens!! wink biggrin

Are you a robot...or an alien?

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Oh...and staff spinning!! I don't do enough but I know someone who's arms have grown ridiculously thro spinning!! cool

Are you a robot...or an alien?

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: so_bread

Iv been searching ebay 4 flesh eating illnesses. i hav been unsuccessfull ubbidea think i shall stick with the beer and roll up diet scheme

i think you can get giardia pretty quickly from drinking unfiltered water in rural areas....

maybe try dodgy takeaways.

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
yahoo health actually has a good section. it analyzes your diet and takes into account your goals...you don't have to follow it to a 't' but it can get you started...
walk around as much as you can, take the stairs, park far away etc

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

so_breadBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
weee! awesome i shall try running. see how that goes. and maybe sum rural water!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
try watching THIS may have a few ideas it's "superskinney me" the race to double zero a couple of women have a 5 week race to reach the skinniest size possible eek

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Funny that you should mention Yahoo Health, I was sent this link the other day:

https://health.yahoo.com/topic/fitness/in....mtqcxzM9aytcUF

Personally I thought it was a load of... wink

(but I'm into staff so I would say that)

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there's a diet thread somwhere on HOP as I'm sure I've posted these tips before but anyway:

Start the day with yoga before breakfast. Have a big breakfast beginning with fruit. Walk or cycle to work/school/shops. If you rise early, have a snack around 11am. Have a nice, healthy lunch. Have a sandwich around 4pm. Have a light dinner (soup or salad). Drink plenty through the day.
Always have fruit before food, never after. Don't eat anything after 9pm.
Following a vegetarian diet helps.

If you follow these tips, it should be ok to eat anything you like, as long as you keep moving a lot everyday. Using stairs instead of lifts, walking instead of driving etc...

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

PlugInClaireyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
sex!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PlugInClairey

sex!

in the essence of "the tod" from scrubs

i heard the word and i can running......

Step (el-nombrie)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Sitting on your fat arse and thinking about sex.
Doesn't work.

I tried very hard, but the weight just kept piling on. frown

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
nobody said you have to sit on somebodies fat ass and only think about it... rolleyes

DO IT! and not with yourself, but chase some girls (who run) faster than yourself... wink

(BTW inform yourself about the hazards of unprotected sex)

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Why do you need to diet so_bread?

I guess the most useful piece of advice I can give is don't go on any crash diets, or even any temporary diets - just stick to eating healthily (ie: veg, fruit, protein and some carbs and fat) and keep spinning!

Oh, and if you really want a parasite, I suggest you try tapeworms, they used to sell diet pills with their ova inside...

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TinyPixie

Oh, and if you really want a parasite, I suggest you try tapeworms, they used to sell diet pills with their ova inside...

DUDE!!!! seriously?!?!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol ew, gross.

Dtop dieting, eat the foods like like in moderation, I know it makes you groan but its the best thing. another thing is if you do enough excercise you can eat cake and crisps and junk and brad and chips and stuff. Just make sure you burn it off. Go jogging, an hour every day 5 days a week. Itle fall off. Do 15-20 mins at first and in a few weeks you will be easily hitting 40 mins+

If you work, find a gym that is on the way home. If you do less hours than most, do it in a park.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
The basic rule of thumb is if you're using more energy (exercise) than your body is taking in (eating), you'll lose weight.

Personally I don't like salad (or can tell the difference between it and 'vegetables') and my diet is crap, but I do a lot of walking, twirling etc. and that keeps my weight stable.

What Brit_Joe says is good advice - start off in small steps, and once you find yourself able to do them easily, aim for bigger goals. The trick for me is to find a physically demanding activity to do, find the time to do it in and eat healthily whenever I can - a certain bakery near uni helps vastly with that.

Good luck!

Kupo!