Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to make a set of fire fans. So far i have the stainless steel constructon all done with 5 metal prongs on each fan. I've used 4mm dia stainless steel rods and now that i've come to attaching the wicks I've gotten stuck as to how to get the wicking to stay on. I want to use flat wick.

The fans on HoP have the wick held on with tonnes of glue and a bit of stitching at the ends. Is this the best way?

Any advice is much appreciated kiss

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
It's certainly one way, and a way that has held my HoP fans in good stead for over 6 months of continuous use to this day smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
clap Nicely put!

You may also try to groove a screw thread and use washer + screw nut to hold them in place...

Malcolm you couldn't stand someone claiming that HoP uses glue only, huh? ubblol Wonder why... ubblol hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

MordfabrikSILVER Member
31 posts

Posted:
With some of the ones i've made, i've put a few tiny holes through the fans themselves, and stitched a few sections of wire through both the fans and the wicking internally, as well as gluing and using kevlar thread at the ends.

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Sorry Malcolm - i didn't mean to discredit your product in any way. Looking at the fans from the outside (a friend has some) all you see is glue and a bit of stitching so it's hard to know what's holding it together on the inside.

Thanks for the clarification smile

cirquefirestranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys- I am having a similar issue, but I am hiring a bad ass friend who knows how to weld to make mine, he has completed the fan and we are not sure how to attach the wicks to where they are not going to fly off obviously. what is the best way to attach them on? Any help would be fantastic.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
umm errm read the thread? wink a few suggestions right there wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink