Forums > Videos > Top Ten Kungfu Weapons

Login/Join to Participate

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
A program from the National Geographic. their are lots of cool toys.

im thinking a fire flying guillotine . eek

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
the round weapons are very xena-like
thanks for sharing

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
smile

I just watched the full program.

Terrible

Thank us (the tax payers) for the BBC.
Really, REALLY bad television.

I mean - their "Number 1 Deadliest Weapon" is a weapon which might never have existed and actually is a bit [censored]. Why spend years and months training to basically throw a hat on to someone? Surely if you can get that close, shoot them with an arrow, rope dart into their head or just lob a massive axe at them. Utter rubbish...

Anyway.

"Tiger Hooks" all the way (looks proudly at the ones in his room) smile So much fun, so much danger.
I'm not sure if I should be proud or worried that I own 6 of the top 10.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Why spend years and months training to basically throw a hat on to someone? Surely if you can get that close, shoot them with an arrow, rope dart into their head or just lob a massive axe at them. Utter rubbish...

agreed lol. biggrin

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
we can throw hats and kill people? is that in the hop hat trick thread? if so i must learn hat tricks

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

we can throw hats and kill people? is that in the hop hat trick thread? if so i must learn hat tricks

Have you never seen James Bond? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
not an entire waste. The guy at the beginning was a really beautiful sword fighter.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you are right meg, the style of the guys is worth watching, but the voice over man should be made to make sence...

Step (el-nombrie)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I saw the whole program a year or two ago, the chinese stuff was cool to watch, the CGI was rather daft but made for good TV for the masses, and some of the footage of Jundokan was cool.

It had me actually shouting at the TV lots because of that damn American, gymnastics not Karate.

He went and spent time 'learning' (making a mockery of) Seyunchin from my system from the one of the (If not the, I forget) heads of the Jundokan, and went rouns spouting 'if your basics arent good your nothing' and I was hopping about shouting 'but your basics are Shh*****t!' lol

I also remember him saying 'I just lose it if someoen hits me in the head (in competition), anywhere else I can take' or something,

and they're sparring with huge great american football style helmets on, rofl.

/rant off smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oops, I saw a bit of the start, and the cgi stills, and mistook it for the national geographic 'extreme martial arts' prog,

that's the problem being passionate about something too, easy to fly into a rant smile

ROFL @ flying guillotine, worlds lamest/stupidest kung fu weapon more like. & no way pulled blades from something like that would get through a persons neck & spine.

rest of it's great fun to watch, some of the nicest soft weapons action on all of youtube in part 4.
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1177076676)

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah, in fairness, the martial artists are all top calibre and use their props well - the rope dart had some stuff I hadn't seen before (the chain whip was a bit poo) and they completely under-showed tiger hooks.

But as a program - utter arse.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Which six do you own durbs?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I've been working very hard on focusing only on one weapon - it's difficult as after a certain amount of wicking is affixed, fire swords cannot safely be held downward - many wushu patterns require this!

the thrust of the matter is that no matter how cheezy it's portrayed on TV, the more publicity wushu gets, the more ingrained it becomes in teh public consciousness. that is a blessing.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: squarefish

Which six do you own durbs?

Er, chain whip, rope dart, jian (straight sword), shwuan tow (double broadsword), tiger hooks and staff. And a hat with a string attached wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
A fez?
umm

Non-Https Image Link

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I went and got the full length/higher quality version off P2P. It all comes across as being in the style of 'When Good Pets Go Bad'.

Shame it was just kung-fu. There are plenty of weapons from other disciplines that are as visually stunning.

Me, I'm looking at making a fire guan dao biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Aye, they're behemoths of a weapon - small wick one end, fire blade the other...yum.
*Wanders off to play Soul Calibur and watch Mina biggrin*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I got a Dreamcast a couple of years ago, just to play that game biggrin Hooked it up to the Mac and captured the video, so I can watch it in slow motion.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
the chukonu/zhugenu didn't make an appearance frown