Mireneye
SILVER Member since Oct 2005

enthusiast

Total posts: 276
Posted:The idea of Cross-stalling is stalling between up and sideways, or down and sideways in wallplane. Both at the same time to produce the first part of a cross like this "X". There is only one problem that i encounter while trying to do this and that is:

When one poi is on the lower right of the cross, the other is at the upper left, They want to fall into a side to side stall before going into the opposite ( when one poi is on the lower left and one is in the upper right ).

It's also possible to let the cross fall behind your back, for some variations.

Other variations include other versions of stalling between planes. Evil grin ( Atomic cross stalling ).

Any thoughts confused

Delete Topic

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:I just started playing with these at the BJC last week - would look lovely with fire ropes...

Also, those horziontal floats which will probably start appearing in videos soon go very nicely with them smile
High horizontal stall, then keep the poi horizontal and the handle and head parallel and lower as gravity dictates smile )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:or upwards too, mr durbin. were you there when ed and i were playing with 90 degree corner turning on saturday night...?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

Mr_Chutney
SILVER Member since Apr 2003

Mr_Chutney

Tosser

Total posts: 1711
Posted:90 degrees- tough but nice.

45 degree corsses are pretty cool-

Those horizontal floats are ooold smileand hard

Delete

Mireneye
SILVER Member since Oct 2005

enthusiast

Total posts: 276
Posted:What's a "float" ??

Cool to see people have played with this as well. Hehe, nothing new under the sun =)

Slightly unrelated but I tried to stall instead of making a spiral above my head some days ago. It will work.. someday =)

Delete

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:Ninety degree turns... they are most fun. Think rails, or even the computer game snake. It's wicked when you get to draw boxes with poi...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

DeepSoulSheep
GOLD Member since Sep 2002

DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2617
Posted:Any chance someone can describe these floats better. Is it when you keep one head on the other hand and maintain a 90 angle?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:I wouldn't call them floats as such... the poi doesn't float. I'd call them dead poi.

horizontal stall, and then, let it fall all the while keeping it horizontal and straight.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:or rise, hence calling them 'floats'

wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted:it's just a big old game o tetris! (well apart from the floats...) side to side (with a slight diagonal downward) should be possible too...

I wonder if you can ripple / wave the poi cone in midair as it falls...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:..and no annoying music and obscure backgrounds.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted: Written by: Durbs

..and no annoying music...

did i just say psytrance?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete